Wine-day tour in Champagne from Paris
- Visit and tastings at 3 Champagne producers of different sizes with a total of 8 champagne tastings
- Learn how to pair food and wine in a Champagne house cellar
- English speaking and wine expert guide
- Small group of 8 persons maximum
- Spend a unique moment during a Masterclass in the heart of the vineyard (depending on weather conditions from April)
Discover the wonders and beauty of the Champagne region during this full-day winery tour from Paris. Visit and taste Champagnes from 3 different wineries, including a world-famous house such as Moet & Chandon, Mumm or Veuve Clicquot, as well as family owned Champagne estates. Become an expert on the art of crafting this bubbly drink as you wander through sprawling vineyards and enter cellars escorted by our english speaking and wine expert guide. Enjoy a gourmet lunch at a family-run winery. This small-group tour limited to just eight people includes round-trip transportation by air-conditioned minivan.
What's on the program:
By the end of this 11-hour day tour learning about the Champagne making processes, you’ll be able to answer: Where do the bubbles come from ? Is there a specific Champagne terroir? What is a Blanc de Blancs, a Blanc de Noirs? How is Champagne Rosé made? Do ‘Grands Crus’ and ‘Premiers Crus’ exist in Champagne?
Our english speaking & wine expert guide will pick you up in the early morning at your hotel in Paris and take you to the vineyard, approx. 90 minutes from the city. As you get there, you will enjoy freshly baked croissants while hearing an introduction on Champagne wines as well as funny anecdotes from our guide.
Start your day in style with the visit of one of the largest and world renowned Champagne houses, such as Moët & Chandon, Mumm or Veuve Clicquot (depending on availability). Walk down the cellars and discover the maze of galleries before enjoying one of their flagship cuvées. Get to know the secrets behind the Méthode Champenoise.
Back in your comfortable minivan, our guide will drive in the middle of the vineyards of Montagne de Reims, Cote des Blancs and Vallée de la Marne, between Reims, Ay and Epernay.As you admire the colorful landscapes, you will learn the difference between the three different Champagne grapes: chardonnay, pinot noir and pinot meunier. Enjoy an amazing overview of Champagne’s vineyards during a Masterclass animated by your wine expert guide (depending on weather conditions from April). You will taste one special cuvee and learn each of its specificities. The Champagne tasting will not have any more secrets for you !
Push the doors of a family-run Champagne estate, where you’ll meet the owner and enjoy delicious traditional food, paired with different styles of Champagne.
Following lunch,have a walk through Hautvillers, a charming French village. Stop at the abbey where the Benedictine Monk Dom Perignon worked on the Champagne making process more than three hundred years ago.
Your tour will end by the visit of a family-run winery and depending on availability, see a sabrage (opening a bottle with a blade) or a dégorgement à la volée (pop open the bottle, shooting out Champagne). Here, you’ll get to taste authentic Champagnes produced in small quantities.
You’ll be dropped off back in central Paris (Hôtel de Ville) in the evening.
- Premium Pick up service at your hotel in Paris, Drop off in central Paris (Hôtel de Ville)
- Transportation in air conditioned minivan (8 seater)
- Croissants on your way to Champagne
- Visit and tasting at 3 different Champagne Houses with a total of 8 tastings
- Champagne and food pairing lunch
- Commented tasting by your wine expert guide in the heart of the vineyard (depending on weather conditions from April)
- Personal expenses
Departure from Paris
Pick-up at your accommodation in central Paris
- Wine cellars are usually quite cold and damp (45 °F / 10 °C): do not forget to bring warm clothes with you
- Most of the visits include a lot of stairs and no elevator to access the underground galleries
- Please note that the schedule and the wineries visited are subject to minor changes depending on the season and on supplier availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of the booking
- Pick-up from your accomodation in Paris at 7.00am
- Drop-off around 7.00pm in central Paris (Hôtel de Ville)
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
If you want to experience a moment of eternity, between sky and sea, visit the beautiful Mont Saint-...
Spend your day enjoying two of the most important Parisian sights, Sainte Chapelle and the Louvre Mu...
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...