On Dracula Footsteps Full Day Tour
- Get to know the real legend of Dracula from your local guide
- See some of the most beautiful landmarks of Romania
Dracula is one of the world's most famous legends. But how did it all start? Who was this vampire? Is there any truth behind this story? This tour was designed to unravel this mystery and bring to light the real story and true facts behind Dracula.
At 8:00 AM, we will pick you up from you accomodation and we will start the best journey towards the exciting surroundings of Bucharest city. This tour will be designed around the life of Vlad the Impaler, who is said to be the person, who inspired the creation of the figure of Dracula. First, head to Targoviste city, the former capital of Wallachia region, and visit here the old Princely Court, where Vlad the Impaler ruled. Here you can learn more about his life from the exhibition housed in the Chindia Tower.
Your next stop will be in the town of Curtea de Argeș, situated at the bottom of the Fagaras Mountains. Here, visit one of the most remarkable monasteries in Romania.
Then, continue to the northern regions of the Argeș county and venture into the marvelous mountainous landscape. Stop at the foot of Fagaras Mountains to explore a stronghold built by Vlad the Impaler himself: Poenari citadel is a strong fortress on a high hill dominating the entire area. Afterwards return back to your hotel in Bucharest.
- Licensed English speaking guide
- Car or minivan with A.C.
- Private pick-up and drop-off at your hotel
- Guided tours at all sights included
- Entrance fees and Photo fees
We offer pick up and drop off
Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Pick up and drop off are included
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- In some situations the local administration from Poienari Citadel might choose to restrict the entrance in the fortress due to bear danger or other conditions. In this case, you will only see the fortress from the valley.
- Poienari Citadel offers an amazing view over the valley, but in order to achieve that, there will be 1.400 steps to climb up on the hill. Please keep this in mind when booking the tour
Your Bucharest sightseeing tour will start with pick-up service offered from your hotel. Spend the n...
On your full-day tour from Bucharest to Northern Bulgaria you will drive two hours from Bucharest to...
Explore hundreds of years of history in this amazing two-hour tour of Bucharest.This amazing two-hou...
Get comfortable as you are transferred in style in a private vehicle with English-speaking driver fr...
On this interactive discovery experience across Bucharest, you will solve riddles via a web app in y...
During this half – day tour you will discover the beautiful surroundings of Bucharest: Mogosoaia Pal...