Montserrat morning tour with a taste of liquors
- Enjoy a half-day trip from Barcelona
- Discover the majesty of the mountain of Montserrat
- Admire the rocks of Montserrat and taste some typical liquors
Start your half-day trip from Barcelona in comfortable Bus to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meters). This Montserrat morning tour lasts about 5 and a half hours and you will be accompanied the whole time by an official tour guide.
The rocks of Montserrat formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries affected by the wind and rain which shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving them names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th-century Romanesque carving of Virgen Moreneta (the Black Virgin). The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded at 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs of pilgrims one thousand years after it was originally founded.
On some days the children's choir sings in the monastery and so you may be fortunate enough to catch one of their delightful performances.
- Air-conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual official guide
- Taste of 4 typical liquors
- Entrance to the audiovisual 'Espai Audiovisual Montserrat'
- Food, drink and other amenities
- Entrance tickets to any museum/monument/sight unless distinctly specified
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (4-12 years)
- For infants (0-3 years) this tour is for free
Carrer de Balmes, 1, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
Julia Travel Office at Carrer de Balmes 5, Barcelona.
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes
- At Montserrat there is a mountainous climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold
- Departure time: 9.15am
- Check-in time: 9.00am
Upon arrival to the meeting point, you will be introduced to your local guide and the rest of the gr...
On this tour you will come to understand both Spanish and Catalan cultures by enjoying a variety of ...
Wine and gastronomy are part of Catalonia’s popular wisdom which you can be part of in this tour as ...
Join a wine experience at a local Catalan wine tasting cellar in the area of Eixample, home of the f...
Enjoy an exclusive wine experience in this easy ride along the coast on your smart e-bike and marvel...
Which better way to experience Barcelona than a dedicated food tour to taste authenticity and go whe...
Taste the best of Catalonia’s culture and gourmet cuisine on this half-day, small-group, walking tou...
Pla de Bages is a privileged region surrounded by the mythical mountains of Montserrat and Castellta...
For those seeking a special and unique experience whilst visiting Sitges, there’s nothing better tha...
Live an incredible experience and start your day in a hot air balloon. Enjoy a 1h15min flight above ...