Byzantine Venice city tour
- Admire the most beautiful gems of Venice
- Visit St. Mark's Square area, the Golden Basilica and Pala d'Oro
- Walk through the narrow streets, bridges and canals
Join this tour and admire the most beautiful gems of Venice!
With this 2.5 hour tour, you will discover the most important historical places and buildings of Venice.
During the morning, your expert and friendly guide will lead you to the most characteristic places around St. Mark’s Square. You will visit St. Mark’s Basilica and its beautiful interiors, the astonishing mosaics, the Pala d’Oro and you will learn everything about Byzantine art and history. Then, you will take a walk through the narrow streets, canals, small bridges, and picturesque squares, discovering the most elegant part of the city.
During your walking tour, you will be able to see Doge’s Palace, Santa Maria Formosa Square, The former residence of Marco Polo and the Malibran Theatre.
- Guided walking tour covering the areas of Saint Mark's Square and Castello
- Guided tour of Saint Mark's Basilica
- Admission fees and skip the line entrance to the Basilica
- Personal audio system and headset for tour commentary
- Live tour commentary provided in English, French, Spanish or German
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drink
- Optional gratuities
- Admission to the upper floor of the Basilica
- Reduced (0-5)
St. Mark's Square 15, 30124, Venice, Italy
15 min before the departure time in front of the clock tower (the blue one with the bell on top) next to the YEX change office in St. Mark's Square, Venice
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- Shoulders and knees must be covered inside the Basilica
- Backpacks are NOT allowed inside the Basilica
- This tour operates rain or shine
- From the 1st of November to the 31st of March there is no skip-the-line entrance to the Basilica
- Tour may be affected in the case of high tides
- There is one hour and half stop between the walking tour and the Golden Basilica
- Late arrivals or no shows will be not refunded
From Monday to Saturday at 9.00am
From 1st April to 31st October
- From Monday to Saturday: English, French, German and Spanish
- Italian tour is available on Saturday
From 2nd November to 31st March
- English: every day
- French: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- German; Monday and Friday
- Spanish: Wednesday and Saturday
Experience the quiet hours of Venice, the best time to experience the true Venetian culture, when li...
Explore the most dissolute and sensual secrets of Venice with our private walking tour through the p...
Enjoy this wine tasting in a typical Venice bar and feel just like in a wine yard: you will taste fo...
Enjoy a panoramic walking tour with a specialized tourist guide of the area near Piazza San Marco an...
A qualified and experienced guide will escort you through the ancient history of the Serenissima Rep...
This experience takes place in a beautiful loft-style cooking school in Verona’s historical center. ...