Escape from the city for a night of reindeer and Auroras! Visit a traditional Finnish reindeer farm, about 60km (less than 1 hour) away from Rovaniemi, and learn all about the raising of reindeer and the daily life of caring for these animals. Enjoy a traditional meal of reindeer meat prepared right at the farm. After dinner, the time is right to go out to one of our best northern lights viewing locations where you'll gather around a campfire and your guide will tell you more about this amazing natural phenomenon.
Night of reindeer and northern lights
Duration: 4 hours
Language: English , Italian , French , Spanish , German , Dutch , Finnish , Chinese
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Escape from the city for a night of reindeer and Auroras!
- Visit a traditional Finnish reindeer farm
- Enjoy the spectacular show of the northern lights
What to expect
- Pick-up from and drop-off to your hotel/accommodation
- Guide in English (other languages available on request: Dutch, Finnish, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese)
- Winter clothes (overalls, boots, gloves and beanie)
- Sami tradition reindeer meat dinner (vegetarian/vegan alternative on request)
- Guided visit to a reindeer farm
- Northern lights hunt with campfire
- Pick-up from Rovaniemi hotels only
Check HERE the full list of pick-up locations in Rovaniemi. Please keep in mind that If your hotel is not mentioned on the list and you still wish to arrange the pick-up you will have to pay an extra fee on site.
What to remember
- Northern lights sightings are subject to weather conditions and solar activity so therefore they are not guaranteed!
- Minimum people per booking is 2 adults
- Pick-up is available for free within a 16km radius of Rovaniemi, outside the radius pick-up is available for an extra fee.
- Available daily from September to May
- Starting time at 6.00pm
- Departure may adjust according to different seasons
Nordic Unique Travels
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.