Live a day on the frozen Tornio river - an otherworldly experience! Learn the ancient fishing rituals that are still a popular pastime these days! Take a 20-minute walk by snowshoes and enjoy a snack with wonderful views surrounded by the river ice – you’ll likely be the only group around. If you dare, take a dip in the ice – the guide will dig a hole for you! They dig out the ice and tell you all about its composition while doing so. You will end the day with a local fisherman who tells you all about the ancient fishing techniques, who will even try his luck with the burbot nets while you’re there.
A day on ice at the frozen Tornio River
- Experience a day on a frozen river
- Learn how to fish like the locals did and still do
- Enjoy a walk on the river with snowshoes and a snack with a view
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Snacks and hot drinks
- Boots, socks, and overalls
Children (6-11): reduced
IMPORTANT: Please confirm the pick-up time (and place) directly with the local operator at least 48 hours before the event. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking. The pick-up can be arranged for a radius of 30-40km distance from Rovaniemi.
- Boots, socks, and overalls are provided
- The tour departs at 10.00am