Lidice private half-day trip from Prague
- Go on a half-day trip to Lidice with a private guide
- Witness a piece of history
- See where the Nazis destroyed a whole village
- Learn about the stories behind the place
- Visit the crypt in Prague where Czech and Slovak soldiers lost their lives
- Travel comfortably in an air-conditioned vehicle with your personal guide picking you up and dropping you off at your hotel
After being pick-up from your guide at your hotel in Prague, you will head to Lidice, a former village that was completely decimated by the Nazis in response to the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich, a high-ranking Nazi officer who organized the conference for the final solution, or the elimination of European Jews.
You will walk through the grounds of the burned village, find the foundation stones of some buildings, and pause at the statue of the children of Lidice who were sent to concentration camps. Upon your return to Prague, you will visit the crypt at St Cyril and St Methodius, where the Czech and Slovak soldiers lost their lives. It is a place of piety and therefore, a dress code applies. The first part is an exhibition about the historical development in Czechoslovakia from 1938 to 1942, which includes pictures and items which were used by the paratroopers. The second part is the actual crypt where the soldiers were hiding. Lastly, you will have the opportunity to walk around the church.
After your tour finishes, your guide will drop you back off at your hotel.
- Private transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Food and drinks
- Admission fees
Meet your guide in the lobby of your hotel.
- This tour operates daily at 8.00am, 9.00am and 10.00am
Take a 3-hour private tour of the Jewish Museum in Prague and the Old-New Synagogue with a private a...
This private trip takes you to the Melnik Chateau less than an hour north of Prague. Your guide will...
This tour is a must for beer fans. Have your guide pick you up from your hotel and head to Pilsen, a...
This trip will take you through the picturesque West Bohemian countryside to the city of Karlovy Var...
This 6-hour walking tour is the ideal way to discover the historic center of the city described by 1...
Explore the beautiful city of Dresden on this full-day, private tour from Prague. After being picked...