If you love learning about history and culture, this tour in Central Harlem is perfect for you. Learn the history of Central Harlem during the Harlem Renaissance, the Civil Rights era, and the current era. The area is known to be the mecca of African-American history and home to jazz and Lindy Hop & Swing. Today, it's still famous for its amazing arts, dining, and shopping center. In this tour, you will visit Little Senegal, Apollo Theater, Speaker’s Corner, and Hotel Theresa.
Culture & history
Discover African-American culture tour in Central Harlem
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 2 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Learn the history of Central Harlem during the Harlem Renaissance, the Civil Rights era, and the current era
- Visit African Market, Little Senegal, Apollo Theater, Speaker’s Corner, and Hotel Theresa
- Perfect for those who love history and culture
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Walking tour
- Children (age 8-12)
502 West 142nd Street Ground Level, New York, NY 10031, United States
Harlem One Stop Cultural Tours
What to remember
- This tour may be moderately difficult for the physically challenged
- This is a walking tour, so please wear appropriate clothing and footwear
- This tour focuses on the neighborhood's history that doesn't include a visit to church or music
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Harlem One Stop Inc. dba Explore Harlem Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.