This is the perfect tour to discover the beauty of Portuguese history through the visit of 3 amazing UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Tomar, Batalha and Alcobaca, plus the Castle of Almourol and the Medieval Town of Obidos.
You will visit the Convent of the Knights Templar in Tomar, surrounded by the walls of the Castle of Tomar, which was initially built in the XII century for the Templar Order. The monument was rebuilt over 5 centuries and became, from the Manueline period, the symbol of the opening of Portugal to other civilizations
The tour continues through the Monastery of Batalha, built by King João to commemorate the victory over the Castilians at Aljubarrota Battle, in 1385. The Monastery is one of the masterpieces of Gothic art.
Not far from this Monastery, you will find the Monastery of Alcobaça, founded in the 12th century by the first King of Portugal D. Afonso Henriques. It's a masterpiece of Cistercian Gothic art.
The day will end with the visit to the medieval fortified town of Obidos.
- Stop at: Castle of Almourol, Vila Nova da Barquinha, Santarem District, Central Portugal: stop for sightseeing Castelo de Almourol
- Stop at: Convent of Christ, Tomar, Santarem District, Central Portugal: stop for visiting the Convent of Christ
- Pass by: Pelourinho de Tomar, Tomar, Santarem District, Central Portugal: sightseeing of Tomar town
- Stop at: Batalha Monastery, Batalha, Leiria District, Central Portugal: stop for visiting Batalha Monastery
- Stop at: Monastery of Alcobaca, Alcobaca, Leiria District, Central Portugal: stop for visiting Monastery of Alcobaca
- Stop at: Obidos Village, Obidos, Leiria District, Central Portugal: stop for visiting Obidos Town