Muir Woods and Sausalito half-day tour
- Drive over the iconic Golden Gate Bridge
- See the towering coastal redwoods of Muir Woods National Monument
- Enjoy a guided tour through Sausalito
Wander through the ancient groves of coastal redwoods in Muir Woods National Monument and walk along the quaint sidewalks of Downtown Sausalito. Muir Woods is an example of an old-growth redwood forest located only about 30 minutes from downtown San Francisco. You’ll have an hour and a half to roam through this ‘living museum’ where you can get a glimpse of the towering trees that used to dominate the west coast from Santa Barbara to Washington.
After exploring Muir Woods you’ll get a 15-20 minute narrated tour through the beautiful seaside Mediterranean-style town of Sausalito before returning to the city across the Golden Gate Bridge. If you’d like to stay longer in Sausalito, you can hop off the motorcoach in this lovely town and add on a picturesque ferry ride back to San Francisco!
- Complimentary pickup/dropoff from Hilton Union Square
- Full-time professional, knowledgeable guide
- Muir Woods entrance fee
- Free time to explore Sausalito (45 min + more with ferry option!)
- Transportation to/from Muir Woods & Sausalito by minicoach
- Meals (you can purchase food during tour stops)
- Sausalito-to-SF ferry ticket (unless booked as inclusion)
- Guide gratuity
- Children (12 and under)
333 O'Farrell St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Please meet on Mason St. side of the hotel
- If you’d like to spend more time in Sausalito at the end of the tour, you have the option of taking the ferry across the San Francisco Bay at your leisure
- You can purchase ferry tickets in advance ($12) or on-site, ask your guide for assistance on where to purchase and board
- Bring layers- Muir Woods is located in a canyon by the sea and can be quite cool
- Daily, 7.15am and 1:30pm
- Ferry from Sausalito: departs approximately every hour and a half from 11.30am-9.00pm daily.
Alcatraz Island remains one of San Francisco's greatest landmarks - and now you can experience its c...
Experience magnificent views of the San Francisco Bay on the way to Muir Woods National Monument. Yo...
Venture north of San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge to an isolated canyon filled with ancient...
How can a Muir Woods tour be better? Combine it with a Sonoma Wine Country tour! Experience this per...
A wonderful experience for first-time visitors to San Francisco! You'll discover the breathtaking vi...
Sidewalk Food Tours of San Francisco offers an irresistible food tour in the cultural hotspot of Chi...