Ancient Appian Way, Catacombs and Aqueducts e-bike tour
- Discover Rome's countryside on an e-bike tour along the ancient Appian Way
- Experience a 27 km ride off the beaten track, mainly off-road
- Enjoy a guided visit to the Catacombs and relax with a light lunch or aperitif
Enjoy a 6-hour bike tour along the ancient Appian Way and discover Rome's highlights including the Circus of Maxentius, the Mausoleum of Caecilia Metella and the Baths of Caracalla on the way. After a long ride on the cobbles and paths of the Appian Way, head towards the ancient Roman Aqueducts and follow them on your way back to Rome.
Enjoy a ride through the Roman countryside, a unique landscape rich in historical, cultural and artistic testimonies that impressed 19th-century travelers such as Byron, Goethe and Stendhal. Experience an extraordinary tour of absolute beauty which also includes a guided visit to the Catacombs of San Callisto (or Saint Sebastian) and a light lunch or aperitif.
Highlights on the way: Baths of Caracalla, Aurelian Walls, ancient Appian Way Park, Circus of Maxentius, Mausoleum of Caecilia Metella, Park of the Aqueducts, Catacombs of St. Callixtus (or Saint Sebastian), Caffarella Park... and much more!
- Electric-assist mountain bike (or an ultra-light carbon mountain bike, if preferred)
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Guided visit to the Catacombs of San Callisto (or Saint Sebastian)
- Light lunch (morning tour) or aperitif (afternoon tour)
- English-speaking guide
- Pick up / Drop off
- Gratuites (optional)
- Infants (1-4): free
Via Labicana 49, 00184 Rome, Italy
TopBike Rental & Tours Shop.
- Intermediate difficulty level
- Electric-assist mountain bikes are available only for participants minimum 140 cm and over 8 years old
- Infants (1-4) must travel on a child seat
- For children (5-8) a bike extension is provided
- Please note that the route of this tour includes a short ride in the city
- This tour runs with rain or shine. In case of bad weather, you can decide to still take the tour, reschedule it free of charge or cancel it for a full refund
- The tour runs if a minimum of 3 participants applies. You will be offered an alternative tour or a full refund in case of cancellation
- Please note that the route includes some riding in the city (to reach the Ancient Appian Way Park, the Aqueducts Park, and to return to the starting point)
- January - March and September - December: at 9.30am
- April - August: at 9.30am and 2.00pm
- Remember to arrive 15 minutes before the tour begins
- Please note: on Wednesdays in 2020, the morning tour will last up to half an hour longer (6,5 hours)
Are you arriving in Civitavecchia on a cruise ship and only have one day to see all Rome has to offe...
For Dan Brown fans - but not only - this guided tour is designed to help you learn about the secrets...
Visit the most charming places of the 'Eternal City', riding up the hills with no effort at all. The...
Be welcomed by your licensed guide at the Bath of Caracalla, where your small group tour will start....
Follow in the footsteps of the emperors and of Roman citizens in a 3-hours tour, discovering the anc...
If you only have a few days to take in Italy’s many highlights, this full-day tour from Rome is the ...