Rainforest jeep tour from Rio with botanical garden
- Walk through a botanical garden and take in the lush plants and flowers
- Roundtrip transportation included from your hotel
- Explore the Tijuca rainforest in an open jeep from Rio
- 20-30 minute hike through the Tijuca rainforest with a guide
The Botanical Garden, created in 1817 by king D.João IV, is famous for the culture of exotic plants brought form all over the world to be found there. This tour picks you up from your hotel in Rio and allows you to visit the botanical garden before hiking in the rainforest just a few steps from the streets of Rio. Contained within the city limits, this lush jungle is home to hundreds of species of plants and wildlife.
During this tour you will:
- see Imperial palm trees, some 500 kinds of orchids, huge water lilies (Victorias-Regias), and some red wood trees (Pau Brasil) almost extinguished in the Atlantic forest
- learn more about flora and the preservation of the ecosystem, through direct interaction with nature
- visit the main points of the forest, like Cascatinha de Taunay (Taunay Waterfall), Capela Mayrink (Mayring Chapel) and Açude da Solidão (Loneliness Dyke)
- enjoy an oasis in the middle of an urban jungle of Tijuca, the world’s largest urban rainforest
- enter the Tijuca rainforest in an open jeep,
- see the contrast between the stone jungle of Rio and the lush green backdrop of Tijuca
- feel the refreshing spray of the Taunay waterfall and the Monkey waterfall
- take in the impressive views of Rio, and its surroundings at Vista Chinesa
- do a 20-30 minute hike the trails under the canopy and interact with this amazing ecosystem
- see the plants, animals such as monkeys, monkeys sloths, butterflies and exotic birds of the rainforest
- stop at the Pepino Beach to watch the hang gliders
- Roundtrip transfer
- Professional tour guide
- 20-30 minute hike
- Entrance fees to the botanical gardens
- Food and beverages
- Infants 0-2 years old: free
- Children 3-12 years old: reduced
Roundtrip transfer is included from and to most hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Barra, Santa Teresa and Centro
- This tour is available daily at 8.00am
Join this 1-day guided tour from Rio to the city of Petropolis, located 60 km away from Rio, also kn...
Visit Santa Teresa and the Selarón Steps with this afternoon walking guided tour.On this tour you wi...
Rio has so much to offer, but sometimes, you only have a couple of days to get to know the city. Nev...
Enjoy one of the best bars in Rio with a special skip-the-line ticket. A privileged space for samba,...
Join this 3-hour bicycle tour of Rio de Janeiro from Ipanema to the beautiful Rodrigo de Freitas' la...
Rio’s highest peak, Pico da Tijuca (1022m – 3353ft) is located in the middle of the Tijuca Forest, o...