Marrakesh is a buzzing city and it can quickly get very complicated to find its way in the maze of narrow streets, and in the world of the souks. This guided tour with a private guide is perfect to make the most of the city in a few hours.
You will see:
- a variety of quarters established by craftsmen, according to a structured system of corporation
- souks of basketwork, dried fruit, spices, clothes, wool, skins, Berber carpet, leatherwork, ironwork, jewelry and more!
- the Rue du Souk Smarine which leads into the Place rahba Kedima, where a slave market was once held
- apothecary shops here and there
- Djemaa El Fna Square, this traditional meeting place where peasants and merchants met to trade
- fruit and spice sellers, guerrab with their leather water bottles and metal drinking cups, basket sellers, ironmongers and barbers
- the Gnaoua dancers descended from former Guinean slaves, musicians, story tellers, snake charmers and entertainers with performing monkeys
- ... and mot!
PS: there will be lots of time for bargaining!