Knights Templar private tour from Lisbon: Tomar, Almourol and Dornes
- Enjoy a fascinating journey through the myths of the Knights Templar
- Explore Tomar, Dornes, and Almourol accompanied by a private guide
- Admire the Convent of Christ of Tomar, a World Heritage Site
- Discover the Almourol Castle, an amazing 12th-century castle
The first stop will be at Dornes, an ancient village, founded by the Romans. At Dornes we will visit the medieval Tower, built in the 12th century by Gualdim Pais, the Knights Templar Grand Master and will appreciate the breathtaking view over Zêzere river.
Departure toward Tomar and discover the Convent of Christ, a World Heritage Site. The visit to the Convent will include a journey to the Knights Templar Order mystical. The symbolism is all over the building and to understand the hidden meanings of each part of the Convent is to understand the true mission of the Knights. Headquarter of the Knights Templar Order for nearly seven hundred years, the Tomar Convent has thousands of stories to tell.
After lunch, you will visit the Tomar historic center. The S. João Batista Church was built in “Manuelino” style, the unique Portuguese 16th-century architectural style. We will also visit one of the oldest Synagogues in Europe, the Tomar Sephardic Synagogue and its restored Mikveh.
The last stop will be at Almourol Castle, an amazing 12th-century castle, built by Gualdim Pais and placed on an island, in the middle of the Tagus river.
Itinerary: Hotel Pickup; Dornes; Dornes Tower; Tomar: Christ Convent; Tomar: Historic Centre; Lunch: Free Time; Tomar: Synagogue; Tomar: S. João Batista Church; Almourol Castle; Hotel Drop-off.
- Private tour
- Driver/guide (full-time trip leader)
- Tourist luxury vehicle
- Almourol Castle Tickets
- Comfort pack (fresh waters and cleaning wipes)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport ( Pick-up and drop-off do not include luggage transport)
- Entrance ticket to Christ Convent (6€)
- Food and drinks
Hotel pick-up for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport
- Tour takes place from 2 to 8 participants
- Infant seats are available on request
- Dress code is smart casual, recommended comfortable clothing and shoes
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information on the voucher after booking
Depending on the season, at 9.00am (please check the calendar)
Lisbon is a city where old world charm and cosmopolitan vibrancy blend seamlessly into each other. Y...
Surrounded by sun-drenched vineyards and boasting a history-steeped old town, Evora is one of the mo...
Mountaintop chapels, national monuments and some of Portugal's most dramatic locations come into vie...
Fairytale-like Sintra has captivated the imagination of all who visit it. On this excursion you'll g...
Just a short distance inland from Lisbon, you'll find an area boasting a wealth of medieval history....
[PT] Começamos o ano e as matinés ao abrirmo-nos ao movimento cultural e artístico de Lisboa, e entr...