Fado walking tour with live music show
- Listen to the real Fado from Lisbon
- Discover the Lisbon by night
- Visit the historic neighborhoods where in the old days this genre was first sung while you have dinner.
Fado is more than just a musical style, it is a particular way of feeling and the sung expression of the Portuguese soul. The origin is still somewhat uncertain, along with the traditional music numerous influences from Brazil, Africa and even the Middle East have joined it. But it was in Lisbon in the eighteenth century that this mixture of sounds and melancholic mourning came together and created what is now recognized as Fado. Fado is in essence a genre that has a nostalgic register, tending to talk about issues such as Love (often lost or unrequited), the bohemian life, moments linked to daily life and to the most disadvantaged classes.
During this tour you will pass by historical neighborhoods such as Bairro Alto, Alfama and Mouraria, learning more about the traditional aspects of life, so you can get a feel of the city like a true local, a ‘Lisboeta’!
Along the 3.5 hours you'll have the opportunity to taste a variety of food samples and wines and get to see real live performances from ‘fadistas’ alongside the traditional sound of the Portuguese guitar.
- Local delicacies (More than 15 samples of traditional food like Pataniscas, cheese and chouriço)
- Fado concert
- Hotel pick up
- Child (4-12): reduced
- Infant (0-3): free
Praça Luís de Camões, 1200-243 Lisboa, Portugal
- This tour involves a considerable amount of walking, please be advised. Not recommended for people with back problems or some sort of physical limitation.
- Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at 7.30pm
Mountaintop chapels, national monuments and some of Portugal's most dramatic locations come into vie...
☀️ O tempo do inverno vai-se esgotando, e a primavera dá os seus primeiros sinais. A 27 de março, ju...
More info soon. Genres: House,Tech house,Techno Lines Up: Archie Hamilton,Analodjica,Vanhell,DJ Jigg...
☀️ Em março, damos um novo foco à nossa típica matiné. Outrora um porto próspero e pólo central euro...
Lisbon is a city steeped in history, culture and noteworthy sights. Make the most of your visit with...
Different areas of Lisbon offer so many fantastic sights. This fully flexible 48-hour, hop on-hop of...