Évora and megalithic circuit private tour from Lisbon
- Visit the city of Évora and learn about its ancient history
- Visit the Almendres Cromlech, a testimony of pre-historic human presence in Alentejo
- See Monsaraz and enjoy the Alentejo pain from the top of a plateau
The tour will begin at the city of Évora Historical Centre, a UNESCO Site. Human presence in Évora counts thousands of years, since pre-historic times, as archaeological remains are able to prove.
During the Roman occupation, Liberalitas Julia, as it was known, was an important city of the Lusitania province. The Roman Temple, at the top of the hill, remembers the Empire presence and is the ex-libris of the city.
The Cathedral, built in the 13th century, and the Bones Chapel, a curious testimony of Human fragility, will be also visited and we will invite you, during the walking tour, to appreciate the admirable contrast the city preserves in itself between its ancient memories and the agitation of its university life.
After lunch, we will take you to know the Almendres Cromlech, the oldest megalithic monument in the world, built 7 000 years ago, 2 000 years before Stonehenge, in Britain. It is also the biggest megalithic monument in the Iberian Peninsula, with approximately 100 monoliths.
Visit the “Anta Grande do Zambujeiro”, a collective funerary monument, built 6 000 years ago. This Dolmen has a large corridor leading to the big chamber, which is, probably, the highest in the world, with about 6m high.
During the tour, you will be able to appreciate the extraordinary landscape of Alentejo, the enchanted region of Portugal!
Itinerary: Hotel Pickup; Évora: Historic Centre; Évora: Roman Temple; Évora: Cathedral; Évora: Bones Chapel; Lunch: Free Time; Almendres Cromlech; Large Dolmen of Zambujeiro; Hotel Drop-off.
- Private tour
- Tourist luxury vehicle
- Comfort pack (fresh waters and cleaning wipes)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport (Pick-up and drop-off do not include luggage transport)
- Tickets to the museums
- Entrance fees (Tickets: Évora Cathedral and Bones Chapel: Adults 4€, Youth 3€, Senior 3€)
- Food and drinks
Pick you up at your hotel, apartment, airport or cruise terminal
- Group size: 2-8 people
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled start time
- The pick-up and drop-off do not include luggage transport
- Infant seats are available on request
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information on the voucher after booking
- Tuesday to Sunday at 9.00am
Mountaintop chapels, national monuments and some of Portugal's most dramatic locations come into vie...
☀️ O tempo do inverno vai-se esgotando, e a primavera dá os seus primeiros sinais. A 27 de março, ju...
More info soon. Genres: House,Tech house,Techno Lines Up: Archie Hamilton,Analodjica,Vanhell,DJ Jigg...
☀️ Em março, damos um novo foco à nossa típica matiné. Outrora um porto próspero e pólo central euro...
Lisbon is a city steeped in history, culture and noteworthy sights. Make the most of your visit with...
Different areas of Lisbon offer so many fantastic sights. This fully flexible 48-hour, hop on-hop of...