Krakow Main Market Square Underground Museum guided tour
- Visit the unique Underground museum
- Learn about Krakow's present and past from a professional guide
- See amazing excavation sights
As a kid, you probably wondered what it was like to live a long time ago. Take a moment to find your inner curious child, because now you have the chance to do so! Take just a few steps down under the surface of the Main Market Square and find yourself in Kraków from centuries ago.
Going down every step will take you back a century or two until you finally arrive at your destination: the beginnings of the city of Krakow. Go on a journey to a world long gone, where vampires existed alongside merchants, where salt was the best currency, and sacrifices were necessary when building a house.
At the unique Main Market Square Underground Museum excavations and modern technology combine to create a spectacle of sensations.
During this 90 minutes tour you will see:
- the archaeological museum established after 5 years of excavations in the very center of Kraków
- the exhibition "Following the traces of European Identity of Kraków" - Main Market Square Underground
- objects, architecture, videos, and (re-)constructions explaining life in the Middle Ages
- ways in which Kraków built its power in the Middle Ages as a capital, trade center and a Hanseatic League member
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees: You will have to pay 24 PLN in cash to the guide for the entrance ticket
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Rynek Główny 1, 31-042 Kraków, Poland
Meet at the glass pyramid fountain on the Main Market Square. Look for the guide with a yellow umbrella or a Walkative! sign.
- Please note that your guiding service has been prepaid. The prepayment does not cover the museum ticket (24 PLN/person). The tour operator booked the ticket for you and it is guaranteed, but this amount will be collected by the guide on spot, cash only
- Tour in Englisch
- November to February: Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 5.30pm
- March to October: Mondays at 2.00pm and Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 5.30
- Tour in Spanish
- November to February: Saturdays at 5.30pm
- March: Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays at 5.30pm
- April to October: Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays at 7.30pm
- Tour in German
- March: Saturdays at 6.00pm
- April to October: Thursdays and Saturdays at 6.00pm
Hop on the Segway and experience the UNESCO Wolrd Heritage-listed Old Town of Krakow from a differen...
Book this half-day Wieliczka Salt Mine excursion. A professional, english-speaking driver will pick ...
Visit one of the historically most significant places in Europe – the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum near...
Every year, millions of visitors from around the world walk through the gate bearing a fallacious in...
Discover the city of Krakow in a day. The professional, english-speaking driver-guides will take you...
Leave Krakow for a day to visit the historic monuments Auschwitz and Birkenau. Auschwitz was one of ...
There’s a tradition in Poland that says you can’t leave the house until you’ve had a hot drink, that...
Discover the Jewish-Polish side of Krakow on this fun Segway tour through Kazimierz. You will find y...
Discover Nowa Huta, 'the new mill', a prime example of communist architecture and urban design, froz...
Do something different during your time in Krakow and explore the district of Nowa Huta with a local...