Florence Oltrarno tour with artisan workshops and art treasures in Santo Spirito district
- Discover the charm of the picturesque Oltrarno district
- Admire real local craftsmen at work
- Visit the wonderful Santo Spirito Monumental complex
- Enjoy a small group experience
Don't miss a unique walking tour of Florence off the beaten track in the charming Oltrarno district, to discover the local unique workshops and the amazing Santo Spirito Church with Michelangelo's unmissable wooden sculpture. Enjoy a thrilling walking tour with your professional guide, through one of the most picturesque districts of Florence, where you can meet the genuine Florentine people and learn how they live and work in.
A short distance away from the impressive Piazza Pitti, you will visit some of the extraordinary workshops where to admire local artisans at work, producing marvelous traditional handicrafts such as shoes, engravings, art prints, marble paper, enamel, silver objects, mosaic artwork made with ancient Medicean technique and carved wood articles.
Led by your expert guide, you will also reach the charming Piazza Santo Spirito, with its typical family restaurants, small shops and artists’ studios: a suggestive sight of Florence where time seems to stand still. Here you will be able to visit the amazing namesake church designed by Brunelleschi, which was the last masterpiece of the great Artist. You will have the opportunity to discover the wonderful Santo Spirito Monumental complex: cloister, refectory, chapter house and sacristy, where to admire the only existing wooden sculpture of Michelangelo: a crucifix that he carved at the age of only 17.
- Assistance at the meeting point
- Professional local guide
- Three artisan workshops
- Santo Spirito Complex entrance fee
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Meals and beverage
- Reduced price: 7-12 years old
- Free: 0-6 years old
Piazza de' Pitti, 24, 50125 Florence
In front of the newspapers stand (a Caf Tour assistant will be waiting for you with a yellow sign).
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, a refund will be provided or an alternative will be offered
- Small group activity: max 10 people admitted
- We suggest wearing comfortable shoes; appropriate clothing is recommended to visit places of worship
- The local guide service could be provided in two languages
Monday, Friday and Saturday at 3.00pm
Learn why Florence became the birthplace of the Renaissance on a 90-minute walking tour of the city’...
The “Florence and a bite of Tuscany” tour is perfect to discover the beauty of Florence environs, cy...
Join this cooking class in the heart of the beautiful Florence with the help of an experienced Chef!...
Learn how to make pasta like an Italian in the heart of Florence!During this unique experience, you ...
A pleasant walk through Florence is just what you need to be introduced to the city and its splendor...
The Tuscany wine and olive oil trail was born to give travelers the opportunity to enjoy the greater...