Budapest all-in-one walking tour
- Get an overview of Hungarian history and culture on this small group walking tour
- Visit Heroes' Square and City Park and have a peek into a bathhouse
- Enjoy a soft drink and two homemade Hungarian dessert on a break
- See some of the most famous sights of Budapest, such as the Fisherman’s Bastion, Heroes’ Square and many others
Your walking tour begins at the Opera House from where you’ll take a short ride on the Millennium metro out to the Heroes' Square and City Park. There you’ll have a great introduction to the rich Hungarian history and culture through the chronological line of kings. Then you’ll walk through the city park to visit the Vajdahunyad Castle (outside only), a complex built in 1896 displaying typical architecture found throughout Hungary.
Next, you’ll stop at Széchenyi bath house (with a peek inside when open) to learn about the amazing bath culture this country has to offer. Afterwards, you will take the Millennium metro back towards the city center and stop at the end of Andrassy Boulevard where you’ll hear about the significance the street brought to culture and nobility.
After the city park visit you’ll head over to the St. Stephen’s Basilica (outside only) before taking a break in a café for a taste of Hungary’s dessert and a coffee or soft drink (included in the tour). After the refreshment break, you’ll head down to the riverside to see the famous blue Danube. Take in the spectacular view of Gellert Hill and the Citadel, Buda Hills and the Royal Palace as you cross the river via Budapest’s Chain Bridge.
For the final leg of the tour, you climb the steps up into the Buda Castle District and then wander through the old cobblestone streets and alleys to the finishing point in front of the Matthias church and Fisherman’s Bastion. At the end of the tour, the guide will help with ideas, directions and more.
- English speaking guide
- Coffee or soft drink with 2 Hungarian desserts
- Public transport tickets during the tour
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Food and beverages except where noted
- Transport to the meeting point
- Students ages 13-26: reduced rate with a valid student ID
- Children ages 3-12: reduced rate
- Infants ages 0-2: free
Budapest, Lázár u. 16, 1065 Hungary
Meet your guide in the Absolute Tour Center. 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16. (Just behind the Opera House).
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3.5 hours
- Tour operates in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately
- Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents
- Operator reserves the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year
- Tour operates daily at 10.00am
- Tour does not run: 25-26 and 31 December and 1 January
Get a historical overview of the Buda Castle district, with a private walk through the small cobbles...
“Paris of the East” is one of the most famous sentences used when describing Budapest at night. The ...
Explore Budapest and its cuisine with a local guide. During your walking tour you’ll visit a local m...
Hungary’s capital, Budapest, is famous for its hot springs. Many people visit Hungary’s famous therm...
Being the city with the largest active Jewish community of Central Europe, Budapest has much to show...
Enjoy an authentic experience in one of Budapest’s world famous thermal SPAs!Since its construction ...
The tour starts in the center of the city but quickly moves away from the main tourist hangouts and ...
See the remnants of Communism in the capital of Hungary as they come alive in front of your eyes thr...
Book a convenient shared airport, train station or pier shuttle transfer to or from your hotel in Bu...
In this Budapest Bar Crawl tour, you will have VIP access to several clubs and pubs, in each one of ...