Start your journey with the best introduction to Amsterdam. Get an unique vision of the city, combining history with pure entertainment on a 2.5-hour walking tour that covers the main sights of the inner city.
On this tour, you’ll hear the stories you’d never hear otherwise. With an expert guide, you’ll experience the history of this city, from its start as a muddy village on the River Amstel, to how it became the most important trading city in Europe. From the wild history of prostitution and drug decriminalization to the tragedy of Anne Frank’s story and Nazi occupation, the aim is to give you a perfect introduction to this city.
Whether you visit one of Amsterdam’s famous museums or check out the cafés and bars of the Jordaan District, this tour will help you get your bearings in this often confusing city and allow you to make the most out of your stay here.
During your tour you will see:
- Dam Square: Visit the heart of Amsterdam at Dam Square where you will see The Royal Palace, The Niuewekerk or the National Monument
- Oudekerk (The Old Church): Located in the middle of the Red Light District
- Chinese Quarter: Walk through the Chinese Quarter where you will find the Buddhist Temple of Amsterdam
- Nieuwmarkt: The new market and San Antón Gate, just close to the Chinese Quarter
- Jewish Quarter: Learn about the Jewish Quarter and the sad history of the World War II
- The Begijnhof Gardens: At Spui Square you'll visit The Begijnhof Gardens and we will talk about the Flower Market or the San Francisco Church
- Amsterdam Museum: Walk through the Amsterdam Museum
- Multatuli: One of the highest places in the city (hahaha...)
- The Westerkerk: Where you will hear about The Westerkerk, Homomonument