Discover the charming and picturesque Tidal Basin and take a stroll among the famous Japanese cherry trees perfectly nestled in Washington, DC., given as a token of friendship from Japan. On this self-guided audio tour, you'll hear the history behind the trees, what they represent, and learn about the National Cherry Blossom Festival. Take a delightful stroll through four national memorials and get to know their history and the men behind them. You'll get plenty of great photo opportunities on this stroll regardless of the time of year, so don't forget your camera! This walk is a must-do for any visitor to the capital city. The tour is ready whenever you are and the audio plays automatically at exactly the right time and place using your smartphone's GPS and the VoiceMap mobile app, which also works offline.
Tidal Basin: Stroll around the cherry blossoms and monuments on an audio tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 1 hour
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Take a stroll down the gorgeous and famous cheery tree street
- Discover Washington DC's local and unique history
- Explore the Tidal Basin at your own pace, hassle-free!
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Lifetime access to this tour
- VoiceMap Application Offline
- Access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's not included
- Food and drink
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20006, USA
Please meet in front of the Japanese Lantern.
What to remember
- Please note: the Cheery blossoming is subject to seasonal changes
- Please wear comfortable, weather-appropriate shoes and clothing
- The app displays directions to the starting point, and when you’re in the right place, just pop in your headphones and tap start. VoiceMap has automatic GPS playback, with turn-by-turn directions. It also works offline
- Please bring your smartphone and earphones
- This activity requires an app download. The use of the app is subject to the T&Cs of the application provider and the app store it is featured in
- Don't forget your camera!
- This is a self-guided audio tour, you will follow an audio tour through an app using your phone
- You can follow this self-guided tour on any day, at any time best fitted to you
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.
What people say about this experience