Museum of Life under Communism in Warsaw
- Learn about what life looked like in the Polish People´s Republic
- Enjoy the interesting exhibition with countless objects and photos
- Visit the museum café with a 50-year old traditional coffee maker
- Marvel at the great view of Consitution Square right next to the museum
Visit the Museum of Life under Communism and learn all about what everyday life was like during the Polish People´s Republic (PRL). The unique exhibition consists of countless pictures, objects and stories and takes you back to the time under Communism rule. Visit a mock-up of a typical apartment of the PRL era. See symbols of the time period such as a FIat 125 p, a soda vending machine, and a phone box form the ´60s. The museum is located right at Constitution Square, so from the museum, you will have a great view of the flagship district of communist architecture.
PRL was a time of many paradoxes and the exhibition shows how it affected people's lives. On the one hand, the reconstruction of the country from war damage was accompanied by enormous social enthusiasm, on the other, it was impossible to escape the intensified party propaganda of success, and the scale of persecution by the Security Service was unprecedented. The average inhabitant of PRL suffered the consequences and limitations resulting from the inefficiency of the nationalized industry. However, it was also the time of increased creativity and resourcefulness.
After the exhibition, you can visit the museum café with a 50-year-old coffee maker to relax.
- Admission to the museum
- Food and drinks
- Guide at the museum
- Students (ages 16-24 with valid ID): reduced
- Children (ages 6-15): reduced
- Infants (0-5): free
Muzeum Życia w PRL / Museum of Life under Communism, Piękna 28/34, 05-077 Warszawa
- Museum is opened Monday - Thursday and Saturday - Sunday 10.00 am to 6.00 pm, Fridays 12.00 am - 8.00 pm
- Closed on 25 - 26 December and Easter
- Please check the calendar for availabilities
This city tour of Jewish sites in Warsaw is must see. You start from Prozna Street, the only remaini...
Bialowieza National Park is a real phenomenon at a European level. The oldest national park in Polan...
Czestochowa is a city in Southern Poland, known for its Pauline Monastery of Jasna Gora, which house...
Discover the sights and the tastes of historic Warsaw on this private 3-hour food tour. Stop for foo...
Go on a journey through the vodka culture of Poland on a 3-hour tasting tour in Warsaw, and visit 4 ...
During this extraordinary tour, you will discover the most emblematic streets of Warsaw, e.i. the Ro...