Dadiani Palace and Martvili canyon day trip from Tbilisi
- Experience a boat ride through the Martvili canyons
- Enjoy the surrounding nature with amazing views of waterfalls
- Swim in the lower canyon pool
- Visit the famous Dadiani palace
Begin your tour with private hotel pick-up and travel Dadiani Palaces Historical and Architectural Museum in Zugdidi to explore it's interior established in 1921 and containing over 41,000 items.
The museumcomplex includes: palaces of the Samegrelo queen Ekaterine Chavchavadze-Dadianiand Prince Niko Dadiani, court church, and the botanic garden. In 1850 Prince David Dadiani organized museum in the palace and displayed unique numismaticmaterials from the present day village Nokalakevi, the antique period town andDadiani family collections of medieval European armor and weapons, ethnographicobjects and fine art.
Today the museum holds samples of the 1th c. B.C. – 19th A.D. goldsmith works including icons, religious objects, fine art; archaeologica materials from Greek and Georgian antique culture. Along with samples of European applied art (Boulet, Rococo, Empire styles) Russian and Spanish manuscripts and charters from the 15-19th c.c. and Asian weapons.
Then journey to Martvili located 280km from Tbilisi, where on its highest hill you will see a Monastery. Martvili canyons used to be a bath place for Dadiani family, now people visit it to enjoy the scenery and take a boat along the canyon from the Upper part that leads to a waterfall falling from the height of about 12 meters. Thanks to the climate of the terrain and high humidity, the walls of the canyon are covered with moss where you will also see lianas that grow along the whole length of the canyon. In the lower part of the canyon there is a “pool” where you can swim and enjoy the beauty of the surrounding nature.
Places you will visit:
- Martvili Canyon (entrace fee 17.25 Gel) - Boat service (15 Gel)
- Martvili Monastery
- Dadiani Palace-Museum (7 Gel)
- Private transportation
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fees - Martvili Canyon (entrace fee 17.25 Gel) - Boat service (15 Gel), Dadiani Palace-Museum (7 Gel)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Meet your private tour guide at your hotel.
- Note entrace fees and activity prices are not included Martvili Canyon (entrace fee 17.25 Gel) - Boat service (15 Gel), Dadiani Palace-Museum (7 Gel)
- Minimum of at least 2 guests at booking
- Provide the name and address of your hotel at checkout for pick-up service
- Daily at 8.00am. 9.00am and 10.00am
Your day tour will begin in the Old Town at the church of Metekhi. Walk to see the brick domes of su...
This tour will take you through the oldest streets in Tbilisi - back from the 4th century to the new...
Enjoy a full-day excursion to Mtskheta, The ancient capital of Georgia with private guide begininng ...
This tour will feature a mix of sightseeing, exploration, boating and relaxation. Starting with priv...
Following private pick-up service from your hotel travel in a comfortable vehicle to see the Medieva...
Visit the beautiful part of the Georgia-Imereti region on a full-day tour from Tblisi. Following you...