Self-guided tour in the Museum of Battle Glory and entrance ticket
- Walk the grounds at your own pace
- Explore the 9 acred open-air museum and 2 exhibition halls
- Enjoy spectacular views of the city from the front steps
- Learn about the history of the fortress with your e-guide
The "Museum of battle glory" in town of Yambol was opened on May 9, 2013, together with the restoration of the portal-monument of 29th Infantry Regiment of Yambol. This is the first municipal specialized museum in the country. The museum aims to preserve the memory and pay tribute to all soldiers from the city and the region in the period after Liberation of Bulgaria to nowadays.
The museum is located in the former pioneer barracks on an area of 9 acres provided by the Ministry of Defense and includes an open-air museum and 2 exhibition halls.
- In the open part of the museum can be seen several restored tank Panzer IV, assault guns Sturmgeschutz III and an unique self-propelled anti-tank gun Jagdpanzer L 48, which is one of the six preserved in the world, got into the Bulgarian army, probably as a trophy during the fighting in Hungary or Austria.
- In the two halls of the museum are displayed photos and documents for the combat path of 29th Infantry Regiment Yambol, IV Cavalry Regiment, Third Pioneer Battalion, personal belongings of residents who participated in the Balkan Wars of 1912-1913 and the both world wars (I and II), medals and decorations for bravery, firearms and knives - armaments in the Bulgarian Army in these times. Among the exhibits is a rifle "Mannlicher" - a gift to museum from the Minister of Defense of Bulgaria - General Anyu Angelov.
- Entrance ticket
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Children aged (3-11): Free
Stara Planina Str #1, Yambol 8600 Bulgaria
Enter the museum with your ticket anytime during open hours.
- The grounds are wheelchair acccessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Your e-guide will be sent to your email, where your can download directly onto your personal device
- To recieve the e-guide please contact the tour operator directly, you will find their email and phone number on your voucher after checkout
- Daily from From 8.00am to 12.00pm and from 1.00pm to 5.00pm
- Please note that the museum is closed for one hour lunch break from 12.00pm to 1.00pm
Experience the sophistication and high quality of the Bulgarian wines produced at Edoardo Miroglio w...
Enjoy the Halkata hike also known as "The Ring," with a professional guide and hotel pick-up from Sl...
Learn about the different cultures which make up Bulgaria at the fair Karakachans, held every year i...
Explore the Tuida Fortress, comprised of a late Roman, early Byzantine and Medieval Bulgarian fortre...
The city of Kabile was founded around 2000 BC, and was one of the most important cities of Ancient T...
Experience a day in the life of a Thracian on a walking tour of Zheravna from Sliven. Walk through t...