Jump on board the world-famous Yacht America for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Experience whale watching in San Diego from the 138-foot vessel and take in unforgettable views of San Diego's beautiful coastline. On this tour, you'll see California Gray Whales migrating through the San Diego area onboard a vessel that promises to deliver the finest and calmest of viewing experiences.
Whale watching in San Diego
- See whales swimming off the Pacific coast
- View the San Diego coastline
- Sail on a beautiful yacht
- Water, soda, chips, and granola bars
- Additional food and beverage
- Tips (optional)
2050 Shelter Island Dr, San Diego, CA 92106 USA
Please check in with our crew member at the Check-In flag no later than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time. Once you are on Shelter Island Drive, you will reach a roundabout intersection, turn right (southwest) and continue on Shelter Island Drive. As soon as you pass Silver Gate Yacht Club, look LEFT for the bright blue flag on the corner that says “Whale Watching” and turn LEFT into the parking lot. Then look right for the “Check-In” flag on the grass which is where you will get your boarding pass. If you are using public transportation, Lyft, or Uber, please check-in at this location as well.
- It is recommended to dress warmly as conditions can change hour to hour, and wear comfortable shoes
- Blankets can be provided for guests that may become cold
- Watch the forecast and bring a rain jacket if necessary
- Please see calendar for updated availability