Essential Vatican guided tour: Museums, St Peter's and Sistine Chapel with skip-the-line access
- Faster than Skip the Line with our Official Partner entrance
- Visit must-see locations like the Courtyards of the Vatican City, the Gallery of Tapestries, The Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
- Admire the sights of the Vatican Museums in a group limited to 20 people or less & audio headsets so you can always hear your guide
- Choose the time and language of the tour that best suit your needs
- Get a more personalized experience by upgrading to a Semi-Private tour if available on the day of your interest
The Vatican has so many treasures and can be overwhelming. We want you to experience it in the best way and get the most out of your visit. Skip the long lines thanks to our exclusive Vatican Partnership and learn about the fascinating collections from a professional English-speaking guide.
The experience includes:
- Direct access to the Vatican Museums
- The renowned artworks of Michelangelo and Raphael
- The famous Courtyards of the Vatican City
- The Gallery of Tapestries and the Gallery of the Candelabra
- The Sistine Chapel
- Express access to St. Peter’s Basilica*
- The stunning masterpieces including Michelangelo's 'La Pietà'
- St. Peter’s Square where you will also see Bernini’s optical illusion
- The Pope’s balcony - where the Pope periodically delivers his blessing
For a more personalized experience, upgrade to a Semi-Private Tour when booking (if available the day of your visit).
*On Wednesdays, access to St Peter's Basilica and square may be closed at the time of the morning tour due to the Papal audience. On afternoon tours, your guide will tell you about St. Peter’s Basilica from St Peter’s Square before entering so that you are able to admire at your own pace.
- Skip-the-line access to St Peter's Basilica
- Fast track (no wait) entrance ticket and reservation fee to the Vatican Museums
- Access to the Sistine Chapel
- Tours limited to 20 people or less with audio headsets so you can always hear your guide
- Expert tour guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (0-5): free
- Youth (6-18): reduced
There are different meeting points depending on the language of your tour.
Make sure to be at the meeting point 15 min before the departure of the tour. Coordinators will be wearing blue polo shirts or jackets for easy recognition.
Tour in English: Corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi, between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano. Meet us down the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. Metro stop: Ottaviano-Musei Vaticani (line A).
Tour in French, German, Spanish, Portuguese or Italian: Corner of Piazza Santa Maria delle Grazie and Via Candia, at the very bottom of the steps that join Via Candia to Viale Vaticano. Metro stop: Cipro (line A).
- The Basilica is subject to last minute closures for religious ceremonies. When it occurs, we are happy to offer customers a longer tour of the Vatican Museums in keeping with the advertised total length.
- In case of unexpected closures of some of the areas inside the Museums, the guide may have to slightly modify the itinerary slightly. For example, if some of the internal connecting areas are closed for safety reasons, Raphael's Rooms may be replaced with Pio Clementino Museum, where Laocoon and Apollo Belvedere statues are.
- On Wednesdays, access to St Peter's Basilica and square may be closed at the time of the morning tour due to the Papal audience
- Guests with wheelchair cannot be accomodated on this tour
- Strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs
- The tour ends in St Peter’s Square
This tour is available on various days and times of the year based on the language selected. Please check the availability on the calendar while booking your tour.
The hour and date cannot be modified after final selection.
The invaluable masterpieces of the Vatican Museums represent an unmissable treasure. Being one of th...
Discover the Domus Aurea – Rome’s imperial residence, designed by Emperor Nero – and dive into the h...
Take an amazing journey to discover the genius of Leonardo da Vinci, who was an artist, engineer, sc...
Visit one of the richest and most interesting Villas in Rome. The Borghese Gallery is well known for...
Join a guided walking tour of one of Rome's most interesting neighborhoods, the Jewish quarter. List...
Begin your tour with an introduction to one of Rome’s most beautiful Villas and its gardens. Once in...
Join the tour and enter the Vatican Museums one hour before the general public: you'll get to experi...
Considered as the most ancient publicly owned museum in the world, Capitoline Museums are an importa...
Feel like a local as an Italian chef welcomes you to a private Roman apartment, teaching you how to ...
See the wonders of ancient Rome as most people don’t – jumping queues in a small group with an exper...