Small-group Snaefellsnes National Park tour
- Enjoy a journey up close to the Snæfelljökull glacier-volcano
- Visit spectacular places in the surrounding National Park
- Get advantage of a comfortable pick-up from your hotel
- Don't miss the Gerðuberg basalt columns, Bird cliffs at Arnarstapi, Djúpalónssandur bland sand beach and Kirkjufellsfoss waterfall
You will be picked up in Reykjavik and then begin the journey by taking the undersea tunnel - 6 km long crossing under Hvalfjordur - the Whale bay fjord. You will take a short refreshment stop in a charming town Borgarnes and soon after the travel along the Snaefellsnes peninsula starts. You will have the seaside on our left and incredible scenery and mountains on our right. The Snaefellsnes Peninsula is often called ‘Miniature Iceland’ as basically every type of natural feature that makes the country famous can be found here, including waterfalls, glaciers, volcanoes, lava fields, cliffs and wildlife.
One of the first stops is to admire huge basalt columns called Gerduberg, they are so perfectly shaped into hexagons so they barely seem natural. Along the way, you will visit small towns and fishing villages, see spectacular bird cliffs at Arnarstapi and maybe you will be lucky to spot seals. At Djupalonssandur beach (may not be accessible in winter) we will allow those who feel up to it to try strength with the Stones of Trial.
You will also stop by picturesque church-shaped mountain Kirkjufell which is accompanied by a wonderful little waterfall on the other side of the road. This place has become one of the top bucket list items for visitors coming to Iceland! The whole journey of Snaefellsnes peninsula circles around Snaefellsjokull volcano glacier which you can admire from several stops on the tour.
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks
Youth (6-14): reduced
Child (0-5): free
- Pickup is available from all hotels and other accommodation in Reykjavik. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- The pick-up is between 8:30 am and 9:00 am, please be ready and wait at your confirmed pick-up location at 7:30 am
- Small group tour (max. 19 people)
- The pick-up is between 8:30am and 9am, so please be ready and wait in your hotel lobby or outside your accommodation at 8:30am
- Thursday and Sunday
This tour takes you to the most beautiful places at the south coast of Iceland. See the unforgettabl...
Get up close to a glacier, two waterfalls and walk on a black sand beach. Experience Iceland’s magni...
Add some flavour of Icelandic culture to your Reykjavík visit and taste the craft beers of the micro...
Have you ever wondered why puffins are called the 'clowns of the sea'? Well, this is your chance to ...
Located about an hour from Reykjavík, the Hvítá river has a perfect mix of serene canyons and adrena...
Once you have been picked up from the designated pick-up point in Reykjavik it will be time to head ...