Tickets Army Museum Invalides and Napoleon Tomb
- Visit the main courtyard and discover the permanent collection
- Explore the Cathedral of Saint-Louis and Dôme des Invalides
- See the monumental tomb of Napoleon Bonaparte
- Tickets are valid until 28 August 2020
Located right in the heart of Paris in the prestigious setting of the Hôtel national des Invalides, the museum is home to one of the largest military history and art collections in the world, offering a unique overview of the history of France.
A remarkable site full of history, the Hôtel des Invalides was founded by Louis XIV to house veterans and wounded soldiers. It now forms the unique, prestigious setting for the Musée de l’Armée.
The museum's collections contain over 500.000 pieces, covering a period from the Middle Ages up to the present day and following a newly designed educational route: the armour and weapons of the Kings of France, swords, cannons, uniforms, paintings, photographs, the personal effects of important figures such as Françis I, Louis XIV and Charles de Gaulle, plus the Dome church, which since 1861 has been home to the monumental tomb of Napoleon Bonaparte, its golden dome reaching up into the skies of Paris at over 110 metres high.
This ticket gives access to the permanent collections, the Dome Church, Tomb of Napoleon, the Saint-Louis Cathedral, the Charles de Gaulle Monument, the Museum of Relief Maps and the Museum of the Order of the Liberation.
Temporary exhibition included in this ticket:
A Salute to Style
From 10 October 2019 to 26 January 2020
Around 200 masterpieces of armoury and gunsmithery, as well as goldsmithery, embroidery, ivory work and saddlery, mostly taken from the Musée de l'Armée's collections, will enable visitors to marvel at these items of jewellery, fashion accessories and haute couture pieces... all exclusively reserved for the warriors of yesteryear and today.
- Access to the Cathedral of Saint-Louis and Dôme des Invalides
- Access to the Musée de l'Ordre de la Libération
- Access to the Musée des Plans-Reliefs
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Temporary exhibition
- Permanent exhibition
- Guided tour
Note: all visitors entitled to free admission to the museum must collect a "free ticket" at the tills, even when accompanying visitors with cards entitling them to direct access to the museum.
The following people are entitled to free access to the Army Museum, upon presentation of a valid, legible form of identification showing their name:
- Jobseekers and people on income support (proof of status from the last 6 months)
- Disabled visitors and one accompanying person per handicapped person
- Journalists · Members of ICOM and ICOMOS
- Civilian personnel of the Ministry of Defence
- French soldiers
- Foreign soldiers (in uniform)
- PARIS MUSEUM PASS holders
Youths between the ages of 18 to 25, nationals or residents of an EU Member State, and holders of the Pass Education that allows free admission to our permanent collections will pay an entrance fee at 8,50 euros to visit the temporary exhibition.
129 Rue de Grenelle, 75007 Paris, France
Present your printed ticket at the entrance of the Army Museum located on Esplanade des Invalides side.
- This admission ticket gives access to our permanent collections, the Dome Church, Tomb of Napoleon, the Saint-Louis Cathedral, the Charles de Gaulle Monument, the Museum of Relief Maps and the Museum of the Order of the Liberation.
- Tickets are skip the line
- Tickets are valid until 28 August 2020
- Tickets may not be exchanged or refunded
- A cloakroom is available at the entrance Place Vauban side
1 April to 31 October
Everyday from 10.00am to 6.00pm
1 November to 31 March
Everyday from 10.00am to 5.00pm
Last entrance 30 min before the closure
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
Undertake a tour into the heart of the mysterious and unknown side of Paris. Your guide will tell yo...
Spend your day enjoying two of the most important Parisian sights, Sainte Chapelle and the Louvre Mu...
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...