Visit the Melbourne's oldest suburb, Fitzroy. In the early 1900's it was known to police as the home of Melbourne's criminals. Fitzroy was also the home of a high percentage of Melbourne’s low budget brothels and most of its sly grog shops. Shortly after World War I Melbourne’s criminal community split into 2 rival factions, sparking Australia’s greatest ever gang war: the Fitzroy Vendetta. The Fitzroy True Crime Tour takes you on a journey from the suburb’s wealthy beginnings through to the heights of the gang war and its repercussions. Your tour guide will share insights gathered from original police files as you'll be taken past the former crime dens of the era and a tour booklet puts faces to the characters featured.
Fitzroy True Crime of Melbourne walking tour
Availability: Friday and Sunday
Duration: up to 2 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Visit Fitzroy, Melbourne's oldest suburb
- Learn the history of the neighboorhood, from its wealthy beginnings to the heights of the gang war and its repercussions
- Listen to insights gathered from original police files while a tour booklet puts faces to the featured characters
What to expect
- Guided tour of the neighbourhood
- Children (0-11): free
- Youth(12-16): reduced
- Senior (65+): reduced
In the front bar of the Workers Club Hotel, corner of Gertrude and Brunswick Streets, Fitzroy.
What to remember
Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the starting time of the tour.
- Every Friday at 2.00 pm and Sunday at 1.00 pm.
- Tours won't be active from 19th December to 27th December.
Melbourne Historical Crime Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.