Liverpool 'ticket to ride' city walking tour in the footsteps of the Beatles
- Full day tour starting with an easy fun walk through the vibrant city centre and World Heritage Site with a Beatles theme
- Fun local tour guide who will bring your day to life
- Panoramic 8-minute archive Beatles footage and visit to the Museum of Liverpool
- Free time to buy refreshments before taking the same public bus route that the Beatles took after school to Penny Lane
- See outside both Childhood homes of John Lennon
- See the schools and colleges John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison attended
- Eleanor Rigby and Cilla Black statues outside the famous Cavern Club on Mathew Street
- See Strawberry Field Gates
This is a brilliant 5-hour Beatles Walking tour to showcase the city centre in the footsteps of the fab four and to take a public bus ride to the suburbs to see Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields. This tour has something for everyone and is great fun as a day out in Liverpool and a perfect shore excursion from one of the many cruise ship calls to Liverpool.
The tour starts at 10.30am at the Beatles statues close to the cruise terminal with a selfie opportunity of the statues of the Beatles in front of Liverpool’s Liver Buildings – where else in the world can you take a photo with such amazing icons! Here there are also Hollywood film locations for example Florence Foster Jenkins which was filmed in Liverpool with Hugh Grant and Meryl Streep, it is much cheaper to film in Liverpool than London or New York and you will see lots more filming locations such as Harry Potter and Sherlock Holmes later in the tour.
You’ll then enjoy an 8-minute panoramic Beatles film narrated by the boys themselves as they tell their own story.
The tour continues through the Albert Docks and in to the World Heritage site passing the Billy Fury Statue and the Town Hall where the Beatles had their homecoming banquet and were made Freemen of the City in 1964. Pass the former site of the Iron Door Club and you’ll learn all about Paul McCartney and John Lennon being introduced for the first time when you see the Eleanor Rigby Statue and the new Cilla Black statue outside the Cavern Club where the Beatles played 292 times and where you can buy refreshments and souvenirs.
You’ll then be guided through the amazing new £1billiion retail and leisure area called Liverpool One which has been transformed since European Capital of Culture 2008, you’ll see pubs and clubs including a visit to the Jacaranda where you can actually play Beatles vinyl on your coffee table and buy refreshments. Next you will see the Schools and Colleges the Beatles attended, lots more Hollywood filming locations, Superlambananas!!! as well as the World’s fifth largest Cathedral.
After passing Brian Epstein's apartment you will take a short ride on public double-decker bus on the very same route that George Harrison’s father himself drove the boys to Penny Lane for photos at the Penny Lane Barbers and John Lennon's first childhood home 9 Newcastle Road all hopefully under fabulous Blue Suburban Skies! Afterwards, you will catch the same bus that John Lennon took to see Strawberry Field Gates and see outside John Lennon's childhood home called Mendips.
The tour will finish at the fabulous Albert Docks where there are lots of shops and restaurants for you to buy your own lunch and souvenirs and where you can spend the rest of your day at leisure. The Albert Docks are a very short walk back to the Cruise Terminal and you will be back at your ship at least 60 minutes before "All aboard".
This is a public walking tour which also uses a public double-decker bus which is great fun.
- Local fun guide
- 8-minute panoramic Beatles film and the Museum of Liverpool
- See outside the schools and colleges and the Childhood houses of John Lennon
- Travel pass which we buy from the driver on the day for approximately £5.00 (on cruise ship days we often use a coach in the afternoon which does not require a travel pass)
New Beatles Statues, Canada Boulevard, Liverpool Waterfront, L3 1DP
- This is a walking tour so please wear suitable shoes and outdoor coat
- Please bring sun cream and a bottle of water and we suggest you should bring some English spending money for refreshments, souvenirs and the travel ticket
- There is a slight incline up to the schools and the cathedral and for those wishing to visit the Cavern Club there are around 30 steps to the underground venue and there is no disabled access
The British Music Experience tells the story of British Music through costumes, instruments, perform...
This 90-minute Beatles walking tour will take you through the heart of the City Centre where you wil...
Book your tickets to the world's largest permanent exhibition devoted to The Beatles. Located in the...
On this tour through the heart of Liverpool's city centre, you will discover the legacy left by the ...
On this 2 hour, half day or full day tour led by a passionate local guide, you will discover the bes...
This night tour for the brave-hearted will take you on a journey through the original 7 streets of L...
This award-winning theatrical ghost tour of Liverpool will take you on a creepy journey you'll never...
Go behind the scenes at the 'Theatre of Dreams'Take a tour of Old Trafford and sit in your favourite...
Enjoy freshly prepared American cuisine and classic favorites like the Legendary® Burger. From flavo...
Your tour begins by walking through St James Park where your guide will tell you many stories about ...