Otranto private last minute tour with a local guide
- Explore the pretty historic centre of Otranto, surrounded by imposing defensive walls and picture-perfect blue waters
- Visit Otranto's famous Romanesque cathedral, the Byzantine Chiesa di San Pietro and the Castello Aragonese
- Spot the so-called Torre Matta ("crazy tower") along the town's defensive walls
Discover a magic town in Puglia, a gem on the clear waters of the Adriatic sea, rich in architectural beauty, history and traditions.
On this 2.5-hour private tour you'll walk through the small historic centre of Otranto, surrounded by imposing defensive walls. You'll have the chance to see the majestic Cathedral of the Annunciation, the Aragonese castle and the Byzantine Church of San Pietro.
Along the defensive walls that surround the city, you'll spot the Torre Matta ("crazy tower"), a particular construction that preserves the circular tower model of the late '400 incorporated within the pentagonal bastion of half' 500.
Marvel at the picturesque narrow streets of the old town, at its typical white buildings and breath in the ancient history of this place where the Messapic, Greek, Roman and Turkish traditions merge.
- Private tour
- Expert tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance to museums, churches and palaces (in case you decide to visit some of them, you can buy your ticket on the spot)
Via D'Aragona A., 20, 73028 Otranto (Lecce)
Meet your guide in front of Porta Alfonsina
- Please note that this is a walking tour only
- Please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee (in case you decide to visit some of them, you can buy your ticket on the spot)
- Monday to Saturday at 9.00am, 10.00am, 11.00am, 4.00pm, 5.00pm and 6.00pm
- On Sunday at 4.00pm, 5.00pm and 6.00pm only
The tour starts having a panoramic view of the main attractions of the old town such the charming Sa...
Ostuni, a typical village in the province of Brindisi located on the foothills of the Murge plateau,...
From the Messapic and Roman era to the great period of the Lecce Baroque, a walk through the histori...
Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon, learn the secrets of the Leccese ...
Where the Murgia plateau ends, begins Valle D'Itria, a green valley halfway between the Adriatic and...
Book a private lunch or dinner at Lecce, attend the show cooking and discover the flavors of real ho...