In this full-day tour, you will visit a Shaolin Monastery, famous for its martial arts, where you will get an accurate picture of the life of the local monks and the origins of Kung Fu. In this monastery, you will see the temple complex including Heng Ha General Hall, main prayer hall, and reading room of the monks. Then, you will visit the Pagoda Forest, where more than 230 stupas from different times are on display. Finally, on your return journey, you will pass by the Longmen Grottoes in Luoyang. This is a temple cave with their enormous reliefs and sculptures bear witness to the heyday of Buddhism in the Chinese Empire. After that, you will go back to your hotel.
Full-day Shaolin Temple and Longmen Grottoes tour
- Roundtrip transportation to your hotel included to make travel easier
- First time? Perfect chance to get to the know the area like a pro
- See beyond the art with an experienced art historian as your guide
- Transfer by car or minibus with air conditioning from/to Luoyang
- Private tour
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Roundtrip transportation
- Entrance ticket
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Visa fees
- Health/travel insurance
Pick-up from your hotel lobby in Luoyang.
During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
- Please wear comfortable clothing, a hat, and bring sunscreen
- Pick-up starts at 8.00am