Martinique North Island half-day Tour
- Join this half-day trip to explore the North of Martinique
- Roundtrip transportation to your hotel included to make travel easier
- First time? Perfect chance to get to the know the area like a pro
- Smaller group size gives you a personalized experience in good company
Your meeting point for this excursion is just a short distance from either of the cruise ship piers or a pick-up at your Hotel. Your English speaking guide will present the itinerary of your day and then you will climb aboard your comfortable and air-conditioned transportation.
You will be driven through the Caribbean coastal road. The first stop would be the Neisson Rum distillery located in Le Carbet. This is a family owned distillery since 1931. They are famous for their white rum and you will have the chance to see the rum process. Enjoy a Rum tasting and purchase a bottle of your favorite one! if you want!
The next stop would be the Carbet Beach, a wide beach with calm sea, transparent waters and black sand. You can relax while looking at the sea, at the Mount Pelée or maybe refresh yourself by swimming a bit. Then it would be time to go to the ruins of Saint Pierre. Once destroyed by the volcano, it was partially rebuilt on the ruins left. You will be able to admire the scenery and the majestic Mount Pelée as you pass by. You will be then at the foot of the volcano where Saint Pierre, the “Little Paris of the Antilles” is.
Then you would continue following the Route de la Trace to delight yourself with Martinique’s nature. The next stop it is on to the Gendarme Waterfalls, some said the waterfall took its name because of the policemen and their horses stopped here for refreshment. You will have to do a very easy and short hike to arrive at the waterfall, once there you will be charmed not only by the tropical forest but also by the clear waters of the waterfall. Then, the next stop is the Alma River with an abundant tropical rainforest followed by an amazing sight; the Sacred Heart Church, also known as Balata Church. This church was built in 1924 and it’s a replica of the church you can see in Paris (Sacré Coeur de Montmartre). Finally, it will be time to head back to the pier in Fort de France around 2.00 pm.
- Air-conditioned, fully licensed and insured transportation
- Pick up and drop off at your Fort de France cruise ship pier or hotels/accommodation in Fort-de-France or Schoelcher
- Bilingual English-French speaking guides
- Complimentary spring water local juice, rum
- Pick-up outside the designated areas (extra cost)
- Entrance fees
- Tips (optional)
- Children under 10: reduced
Fort de France, Martinique
Pick-up in the ports or hotels in Fort de France
- We require a minimum of 4 passengers to run a tour. If the minimum is not met your tour may be cancelled.
- Please indicate the name and address of your hotel in Fort de France or Schoelcher or If you arrive in one port of Fort de France.
- Free pick up and drop off at the cruise exit for all the ports of Fort-de-France and in hotels in Fort-de-France and Schoelcher. An extra cost will be applied if you are in other towns
- Please note: Weather conditions or equipment failure prevents the operator from running the excursion.
- We recommend to wear comfortable shoes and bring a swimming suit, sunscreen and a hat.
- Do not forget to bring your camera
- Departure: 9.00am
Are you looking for an authentic experience of Martinique? You will have the opportunity to visit si...
Explore Martinican sweeties and culture on this food and walking tour in the downtown of the chief t...
Make the most of your trip to Paris with this offer including a ticket for the Moulin Rouge show and...
Discover Paris in an unusual and original way aboard a 1963 Peugeot 404.Our guide, passionate about ...
Take an educational trip about the wines of the Rhône Valley: discover the terroirs and french model...
Enjoy Paris at its fullest with the PassLib' sightseeing package including unlimited transportation,...
End your day in style with this combo offer including tickets to the burlesque show at Lido Paris an...
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site for 30 years, the Palace of Versailles was once the residence...
During this 3-hour private walking tour, you will explore fishermen's cottages, brightly colored fis...
You'll depart in the morning from Colmar, the heart of the Alsace wine region, and travel along the ...