West highland lochs and castles
- Discover the misty lochs and iconic ancient castles of Scotland
- Step into the medieval stronghold featured in 'Outlander' and 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail'
- Get lost in traditional Scottish country towns and villages
Leaving Edinburgh, you'll travel west to 600 year old Doune Castle where you'll learn about how the castle was used as a film set for films such as 'Monty Python and The Holy Grail', before continuing onto the wild mountains and forests of the Highlands.
You'll wind your way through the mountains and after a short stop, you'll have the chance to experience another ancient castle - the ruins of Kilchurn situated on the edge of Loch Awe. You'll head over to another picturesque loch and to the town of Inveraray where you'll have the opportunity to explore or head over to the Old Jail.
Leaving Inveraray, you'll take a drive up through the steep-sided mountains known as the Arrochar Alps to the great viewpoint at 'Rest and Be Thankful'.
You'll then skirt around Loch Long and down to the "Bonnie, Bonnie Banks" of Loch Lomond. You'll make a short stop at the conservation village of Luss, where you can wander around taking in its quaint houses and stunning views across the loch.
From here, you'll make your way back to Edinburgh, with a short photo stop underneath Stirling Castle.
- Transport in a 16 seat Mercedes mini-coach
- Air conditioning as standard
- The stories and services of an English-speaking driver guide
- Entry fees to visitor attractions
- Optional gratuities
Child: 5-15 years
- Rabbie's Café, 6 Waterloo Place, Edinburgh EH1 3EG
- Children aged 5-15 must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour is unable to accommodate children under 5
- Pack your waterproof clothing and walking shoes
- Cancellation: For one day tours, half-day tours and city tours (being single day tours with a specific itinerary, which are available for booking on scheduled dates from scheduled departure points, together “sightseeing tours”),
the following cancellation charges shall apply (depending on the effective date of cancellation):-
a. cancellation more than 72 hours before the tour departure: 0% of the tour price;
b. cancellation less than 72 hours before the tour departure: 100% of the tour price;
c. in the event of a ‘no show’ the charge is 100% of the tour price
Departs 8:15 am
Returns approximately 6:30 pm
Enjoy roundtrip transportation to the famous Royal Braemar Highland Gathering and receive guaranteed...
This tour is ideal for those who wish to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland’s most fam...
For Harry Potter fans, train enthusiasts and those who like to see Scotland in classical style this ...
Traditional Sardinian tasting menu in Edinburgh Relax and socialize while hearing about the places a...
Visit the scenes of many horrific tortures, murders and supernatural happenings on this award winnin...
You'll be taken to the Scottish island paradise of Islay on this incredible four day whisky tour. Wi...