Oban, Lochs and Inveraray day tour from Edinburgh
- See Loch Lomond, Scotland’s largest loch
- Explore the stunning castle ruins of Kilchurn Castle
- Tour the impressive Clan Campbell Castle of Inveraray
- Enjoy delicious seafood after a walk up to McCaig's Tower
On this day tour, you're in for a full-day of sightseeing. Your first of port of call is Loch Lomond, the largest loch and the largest expanse of fresh water in Britain. Jump off the bus and explore the quaint conservation village of Luss which sits alongside the loch. Then it's time to go deep into the Highlands, driving along the longest Loch in Scotland, which is definitely appropriately named Loch Awe. You'll learn the history of the area as you pass through it, hearing about Kilchurn Castle, a Campbell Clan stronghold and the Pass of Brander, a famous winning battleground of Robert the Bruce.
From fresh water to seawater, you will next head to Oban, a beautiful seaside town with lots to explore. Climb to McCaig's Tower to get the best views over the Isles of Mull and Kerrera and try some of the freshest seafood you've ever tasted! Make sure you leave some room, however, as on the way back to Edinburgh, you'll visit the seat of the Campbell Clan at Inveraray, and you'll want to enjoy some ice-cream, homemade sweets, cakes and coffee or drinks here, surrounded by the beauty of Loch Fyne.
- Professional driver-guide
- Transportation on a mini-coach with air-conditioning
- Food and beverages
- Entrance to any sites or castles
- Children (3-15 years): reduced
- Adults (65+ years): reduced
- Students (with valid ID): reduced
1 Parliament Square
Royal Mile/High Street
Edinburgh EH1 1RE
Please meet your tour at the Cafe Nero at 1 Parliament Square, Royal Mile/High Street, EH1 1RE.
- As you will travel in mini-coaches, luggage space is limited. You can bring one cabin sized piece of luggage, 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, which cannot exceed 15kg, to be stored in the boot of the bus and one small handbag or rucksack to have on the bus with you
- This tour does not accept children under the age of 3
- If you have mobility requirements, please notify us of this at the point of booking
- The tour departs on Fridays and Sundays
- It departs from the Edinburgh meeting point at 8.00am (check in 7.45am)
- It returns to Edinburgh at around 7.30pm
See the beautiful Loch Lomond and the breathtaking Highlands on this day trip and finish it up with ...
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by...
You'll be taken to South Queensferry to view the incredible engineering feat and UNESCO World Herita...
Departing from Edinburgh, this tour will travel north-west, venturing to Midhope Castle which is als...
This tour is ideal for those who wish to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland’s most fam...
Visit the infamous Loch Ness and travel through the beautiful Highlands of Scotland on this day trip...
You'll follow in the footsteps of Scotland's greatest legends Rob Roy and William Wallace, discover ...
A chilling way to explore Edinburgh after dark – and underground. Strictly adult-only, this ghost to...
The night begins with a walking tour of the darker closes and wynds of Edinburgh, before journeying ...
The National Museum of Scotland has over six floors of Scottish history and it rightfully holds a pl...