Castles and Lochs of the Western Highlands
- Visit stunning film locations of Game of Thrones and Outlander
- Explore medieval Scottish towns and castles
- Wander the shores of the breathtaking Loch Lomond
This tour is ideal for those who wish to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland’s most famous Castles. On this tour you will experience Doune Castle - most recently famous as Castle Leoch in the TV show Outlander. Not to be outshone Inverary Castle was featured in the TV show Downtown Abbey.
You'll first stop at Doune, a well preserved 14th century Castle set amid lovely Stirlingshire countryside. Take an audio tour of the Castle, narrated by Monty Python's Terry Jones and hear the exciting history of the medieval castle and residents. Doune Castle is the atmospheric stand-in for the fictional Castle Leoch in the TV show Outlander and has also been used as a film location for Game of Thrones. Gray Line offers you a 10% discount on the ticket price to Doune Castle
You'll then have a comfort stop before heading into the Highlands. Passing lochs and mountains you'll stop for a photo at Kilchurn Castle settled on the banks of Loch Awe; this is one of the most photographed castles in Scotland.
On arriving at Inverary your driver guide will give you a tour of the picturesque town where you'll have time to enjoy lunch, and perhaps visit the jail or castle (featured in Downtown Abbey). Departing Inverary you'll enjoy the views of Loch Fyne, famous for seafood, and head over the mountains with a brief photograph stop at the top of the Rest & Be Thankful Pass.
Your last stop will be in the village of Luss located on the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond. You'll then return back to Edinburgh via Stirling with views of the Castle. *optional extra, admission charge payable
- Hotel pickup service
- Complimentary bottled water on board
- Free onboard WIFI
- Guided tour with a fully trained and experienced driver/guide
- Central Edinburgh city center drop-offs
- Entrance fees
- Hotel drop off service
Hotel pickup from most downtown Edinburgh hotels and guest houses
You will be contacted by the tour operator upon booking to confirm pick up details
- Present a copy of your printed electronic voucher to your driver in order to redeem services
- Entrance to the jail or castle at Inverary is optional and admission charge payable
- Amendments to dates and tour changes are subject to a £5.00 administration fee
- This tour has an 8 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met
- In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, your choice of a refund, reschedule or alternative tour will be offered
- Children under the age of 8 are not permitted to travel
- PLEASE NOTE THE PICKUP TIME IS APPROXIMATE UNTIL YOU HAVE CONFIRMED BY EMAIL OR PHONE
- Departure from Edinburgh at 9:00 am
- Schedule subject to change. Check the calendar for updated details
Enjoy roundtrip transportation to the famous Royal Braemar Highland Gathering and receive guaranteed...
For Harry Potter fans, train enthusiasts and those who like to see Scotland in classical style this ...
Explore the castles of the rugged 'Viking Coast' within Berwickshire and Northumberland as you cross...
Traditional Sardinian tasting menu in Edinburgh Relax and socialize while hearing about the places a...
Visit the scenes of many horrific tortures, murders and supernatural happenings on this award winnin...
You'll be taken to the Scottish island paradise of Islay on this incredible four day whisky tour. Wi...