Discover the mysteries of Easter Island! Departing from Hanga Roa, this tour will take you to visit Ahu Akivi, Ahu Vinapu, Puna Pau Quarry, and The Te Pahu Cavern. Ahu Akivi’s 7 Moai platform faces the equinoctial rising sun with each statue at a height of around 16 feet and a weight of around 18 tons. According to folklore, the seven statues represent the seven young explorers who left Hiva, a legendary Polynesian homeland, to do reconnaissance on the island after the spirit priest Haumaka made the first chief, Hotu Matu'a, aware of the island’s existence. You’ll have time to reflect on this story and the many other mysteries of Easter Island as you walk around exploring the incredible Moai structures!
Ahu Akivi Mini Island Tour - Easter Island Mysteries
Availability: Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 3.00 pm
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Explore Rapa Nui National Park, an UNESCO World Heritage
- Discover the seven Moais at Ahu Akivi
- Surprise yourself with Ahu Vianpu archeological site with one of the larger Ahu on Rapa Nui
What to expect
- Hotel Pick up and Drop off
- Guided Tour (English & Spanish)
What's not included
- Rapa Nui National Park entrance Fee (The entrance costs 65 USD and it's valid for all the attractions in the island)
The tour departs from hotels in Rapa Nui (more details in the confirmation email). This tour does not include transportation to or from Santiago.
What to remember
We recommend wearing comfortable clothing.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 3.00 pm
Gray Line Chile
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.