Hygge and happiness - guided walking tour in Copenhagen
- Get a better understanding of Danish culture and why the concept of hygge is so important
- Visit city sites that ooze hygge and find out how you can bring some of that vibe back home with you
- Learn why some people say Denmark is utopian, and how the local culture contributes to Danes being among the happiest people in the world
- Learn about Copenhagen’s community-enhancing projects and public spaces
- Meet local residents and chat with them about life in Denmark
If you’re going to get to the heart of hygge, you need to go back in time.
This Copenhagen tour will start at Kongens Have (the King’s Garden), where you’ll hear the story of how the king gave the land to the people and turned it into the world’s first public park. From there, we’ll head to Nyboder, the first public housing project in the world, dating back to the 17th century.
As we search for more hygge, we’ll continue to wander some of Copenhagen’s oldest streets, reaching Strøget, the longest pedestrian street in the world.
Next up, we’ll make a snack stop at a local café — a great example of hygge culture — and settle in for a cup of coffee and a slice of cake.
From there, we’ll pass by the castles that house government offices and parliament and talk about both the formal and informal ways that Denmark is governed. You’ll also pass by the impressive Royal Library, before boarding the harbour bus to Islands Brygge.
- Ticket for the harbour bus
Hjertensfrydsgade 12, 1350 København K, Denmark
Meet your guide at the corner of Øster Voldgade and Hjertensfrydsgade.
- Once you receive your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point
- Children (6-11 years old) are allowed on this tour
- Children under 6 years of age are not allowed on this tour
- Tour runs from Monday to Saturday
- Starting time is 9.00am
During your Copenhagen hop-on hop-off bus and boat tour combo, you'll see the Danish capital's main ...
During your 48-hour hop-on hop-off boat tour of Copenhagen, you'll explore the Danish capital by boa...
Explore the best of the Danish capital with your Copenhagen one hour canal cruise tour and Tivoli ga...
All Routes (with Tivoli)Explore the best of Copenhagen with 3 different bus routes that take you all...
THE TOUR INCLUDES A FULL VISIT TO THESE FOUR SITES:Kronborg CastleThe impressive and world-famous fo...
Play a city game and go on a Copenhagen walking tour where you will follow clues to discover amazing...