Communism in Hungary tour with a Historian
- Visit Budapest with a historian as your guide
- Take a stroll around both Buda and Pest
- Discover the remnants of Communism in Hungary
See the remnants of Communism in the capital of Hungary as they come alive in front of your eyes through an expert historical commentary and personal family stories.
The tour includes seeing parts of both inner Pest and inner Buda, transportation between the two and a drink at the end of the tour in a cult cafe that hasn't changed much since the 1960s.
The aim is to show you the real modern history of Hungary. The historical perspective, cultural background through the personal and family stories arriving until today on how Communism affected locals' lives: the good, the bad and the ugly too. Get ready for an honest, in-depth experience where all questions are welcome!
You will take a stroll on both Pest and Buda sides and a subway in between. Highlights include:
- getting to know Hungary's major happenings from a historian from the Second World War
- personal family stories
- Liberty square with its controversial memorials & US embassy
- 1956 memorials
- the Parliament and its surrounding sights
- lesser-known sights and areas connected to the 1956 revolution
- a drink in a cult pub from 1960s
- Public transportation ticket
Budapest, Erzsébet tér 7, 1051 Hungary
Meeting Point in front of Kempinski hotel, facing the Ferris wheel, 1051, Erzsébet tér 7
- On Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 2.00pm
Visit the illuminated ‘Paris of the East’ and spend a memorable evening in a traditional Hungarian r...
The oldest part of Budapest, Castle Hill, is yours to explore on this walking tour! The area has nar...
Walk in the shadows of Hungary's communist monuments and learn about Cold War spying on this walking...
Experience Budapest to the full extent! Enjoy a cozy organ concert in one of the most beautiful neo-...
Being the city with the largest active Jewish community of Central Europe, Budapest has much to show...
“Paris of the East” is one of the most famous sentences used when describing Budapest at night. The ...