Sachsenhausen Memorial guided tour
- Visit the camp that was used by the Nazis as a standard for others to come
- Learn more about the school of brutality and the daily life inside
- Experience a chapter of dark history directly on the place in which it took place
The former Sachsenhausen concentration camp, situated in the North of Berlin, held over 200,000 prisoners during the Nazi reign. Tens of thousands of them perished inside its walls. Serving as a model camp, Sachsenhausen set the standard for all those that were to follow. The camp became a school of brutality, used to train SS guards for work in other camps across Europe. After its liberation, Soviet occupiers took over the camp for a further five years and used it to house their political prisoners.
The Sachsenhausen Memorial stands today as a reminder of the darkest days of Berlin’s history.
- Guided city tour
- Travel ticket for ABC zone
- Entrance fees to the seen attractions
- Lunch (please take a packed lunch or some snack with you)
- Child (0-13 anni): free
- Student (with valid student's ID): reduced
In front of "Starbucks" at the Brandenburg Gate (S/U-train station "Brandenburger Tor"). Please look for the team in red SANDEMANs NEW Europe T-shirts
- ATTENTION: This tour involves a transfer by local traffic. Please acquire a ticket for the city center zone ABC before the tour starts
- Every day at 9:00am and 11:00AM, except Monday
- On Monday only one starting time at 11:00am (please note: on Mondays the Memorial is open, however certain exhibits are closed to the public and can't be included in the visit)
Enjoy moving classical music presented by the Berlin Residence Orchestra in the stylish and historic...
Have you just arrived in Berlin and don't know where to start? This tour is the perfect solution: ou...
Discover Berlin’s ambivalent queer history, including both periods of celebration of sexual freedom ...
On this private tour you’ll cruise through the parks and streets of Berlin on an easy-to-ride Segway...
The East Side Gallery is an international memorial for freedom and the longest open air gallery in t...
Experience Berlin during the evening on this fantastic 2-hour Segway tour. Explore the city on Segwa...