Krakow and Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour from Wroclaw
- Explore the marvelous Krakow, once a royal capital and a hub of historical Polish sites
- Visit the UNESCO listed Wieliczka Salt Mine and discover a one-of-a-kind underground world
- Discover the amazing sights in Krakow, like Wawel Castle, Main Square, St. Mary's Church, and the Jewish Quarter on a self-guided tour
- Benefit from the health-boosting special climate and micro-element-filled air in the mine
Explore the marvelous Krakow, once a royal capital and a hub of historical Polish sites, on an excursion from Wroclaw. Visit the UNESCO listed Wieliczka Salt Mine and discover a one-of-a-kind underground world that was created hundreds of years ago.
An English-speaking driver will pick you up from a pre-arranged meeting point in Wroclaw and will take you by comfortable vehicle firstly to Wieliczka Salt Mine and later to Krakow.
Upon arrival at the Salt Mine, a local guide is provided in English, Spanish, German or French. The Wieliczka Salt Mine dates back to medieval times and has a history of around 9 centuries of salt exploitation. The tourist route through the mine is located 135 meters (443 feet) underground and is accessible by stairs only. Admire this unique place, a must-see during your stay in Krakow. Benefit from the health-boosting special climate and micro-element-filled air in the mine.
Discover the amazing sights in Krakow, like Wawel Castle, Main Square, St. Mary's Church, and the Jewish Quarter on a self-guided tour. Before visiting Krakow you will get all the information and tips about what to see. Krakow is Poland’s second-biggest city and was the former royal capital until 1596. During your sightseeing tour, find out how the city has always been a hub of Polish artistic, cultural, academic, and economic life centering on the largest medieval town square in Europe. Have a long look at the cobbled Main Square (Rynek Główny) along with some other noteworthy landmarks, such as the Cloth Hall and the buildings of the Jagiellonian University, one of the world’s oldest universities. Make your way to the Kazimierz district, the old Jewish quarter. Take in this atmospheric neighborhood, and learn how some scenes from the movie “Schindler’s List” were filmed here. The tour ends with a return to Wroclaw.
- Roundtrip transport from Wroclaw
- Entrance ticket to Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Guided tour of Wieliczka Salt Mine in your chosen language
- Free time to discover the city of Krakow
- English-speaking driver
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and drinks
Plac Solny 1 on the corner with Main Market Square, Wroclaw
Pick up is from our meeting point at Plac Solny 1 on the corner with Main Market Square, Wroclaw. Please arrive at least 5 minutes earlier than the scheduled departure time
- This tour is not recommended for children aged 13 and under
- Baby carriages and luggage larger than 30 x 20 x 10cm are not permitted inside
- Please bring your own child seat or child sling when traveling with a baby/children
- The elevator is used only to get to the surface from the bottom of the mine
- Bring warm clothing, as the temperature underground ranges between 14 and 16C
- There are 800 steps to climb, and 350 of these are at the beginning, taking you down into the mine. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes
- Smoking and the use of open fire in the mine is strictly forbidden
- The tour is not recommended for people with a disability as it is a lot of walking in the Salt Mine
Every day at 6:30 am
Discover the sights and the tastes of historic Wroclaw on this 3-hour food tour. Stop for food tasti...
Go on a journey through the vodka culture of Poland on a 3 hour tasting tour in Wroclaw, and visit 4...
This is the perfect tour for first-timers in Wroclaw. You will see the most important sights in city...
You probably tried some beers in your life. Classics like lagers or wheat beers are great, but there...
Sample the traditional Polish food and enjoy the local flavors. Try various dishes, appetizers and d...
Try the best of polish specialties and get to know history of city highlights on a premium 5-hour pr...