Tasting of Amarone and Valpolicella wines at Zýmè in Verona
- A food and wine experience in the heart of Valpolicella
- Tour the Zýmè cellars, one of the most interesting of the region
- Taste a sampling of Amarone and Valpolicella wines
Zýmè, born in 1999 after the recovery of the ancient sandstone cave of San Pietro of Coriano, in the heart of the Valpolicella region, has a rich history that grew alongside the story of the founder and winemaker, Celestino Gaspari. Gaspari, a native of the Valpolicella region, studied agriculture and worked for over 10 years with Giuseppe Quintarelli in his business, encountering and mastering the greatest classics of the region: Amarone, Valpolicella and Valpolicella Ripasso. His devotion to an untiring search has brought him to successfully start and grow a handful of wineries until he arrived at his own perfection - Zýmè - renowned today at an international level.
Zýmè, meaning "brewer's yeast" is derived from ancient Greek and is fundamental to the world of winemaking; here, it is also a symbolic element that invokes a vision of nature and fermentation, intended as a reference to continual transformation. When visitors enter into Zýmè, they are overcome by the full experience: the architecture, the history and the aroma, all leading to the moment of tasting, when it is possible to take in the typical flavors of the winery.
Choose one of the following offers::
- Acqua Tour: Monday to Friday tour and tasting of at least 8 wines from the collection
- Terra Tour: from Monday to Friday tour and tasting of at least 8 wines from the collection accompanied by platters of cold cuts and typical cheeses
- Sole Tour: Saturday tour and tasting of at least 8 wines from the collection
- Private tour of the business
- Private tasting (Amarone and Valpolicella wines, meats and local cheeses, bread, savory marmalade)
- Transportation (available upon request)
Az. Agr. Zýmè di Celestino Gaspari
Via Cà del Pipa, 1 37029 San Pietro in Cariano – Località Mattonara, Verona, Italy
Tel: +39 045 7701108
Prizes and awards:
Amarone Classico 2008 (96 punti – Platinum Medal da Decanter World Wine Awards 2016)
Amarone Classico Riserva “La Mattonara” 2004 (“Grande Vino” Slow Wine 2017; 96 punti + Faccino Doctorwine 2017; 4 stelle + Corona Vinibuoni d’Italia 2017; 4 viti + certificato d’eccellenaza Ais – Vitae 2017)
Magazine Wine Spectator tra Settembre e Novembre per Amarone Classico 2009 (94 punti), Kairos 2011 (93 punti), 602020 Cabernet 2011 e Valpolicella Classico Superiore (91 punti)
- The tasting with cold cuts platter is available from Monday to Friday
- The wine-only tasting is available from Monday to Saturday
- The times for tastings are: 10.30; 14:00; 16:00
The Zenato winery is a member of The Grand Wine Tour: an association of the finest wineries across I...
Enjoy a wine tasting session of some of the amazing wines produced in Valpolicella such as Valpolice...
L'azienda Tedeschi vanta un legame profondo con il territorio della Valpolicella, avendo creduto, a ...
Enjoy a wine tasting in Verona of the best wines produced in Valpolicella at Tenute Salvaterra. Take...
The company is the story of a family deeply rooted in the Verona area. Since 1925, wine has been pro...
A blindfolded tasting to test your senses, your skills and knowledge in the oenological field. You w...
Legend tells that the name “Valpolicella” is derived from the words “valle” “poli” and “cellae” mean...
Visit Cantine Pasqua, a typical winery in the Verona area, to see how the local wine is produced and...
Book a private lunch or dinner at lake Garda, attend the show cooking and discover the flavors of re...
Begin your tasting tour in the same way that most Italians begin their day: with an espresso! Pair t...