Venetian Battiloro Laboratory Private Tour
- Discover the ancient craft of the Battiloro
- Visit a real Venetian Battiloro laboratory
- Learn the gold transformation process from ingot to leaf
Enjoy a guided tour to the workshop of the last Battiloro laboratory in Venice.
The Battiloro is a craftsman who beat gold with a huge hammer, thinning it down to reduce it into a very thin leaf. This ancient custom is still practiced in an evocative Venetian laboratory, opened in 1969. Here, the art of working gold in thin foils is kept and practiced.
During your guided tour you will discover the history of this profession and you will attend to the whole process of turning gold from ingot to leaf: melting, laminating and beating, then cutting and packaging phase.
- Guided visit to the Battiloro laboratory
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Food and beverages
Calle del Magazzen, 5182
- No refund will be provided for latecomers or no shows
- Should it be raining the tour will still take place
- Travellers are kindly requested to plan in advance their journey in order to get to the meeting point on time
- We recommend dressing comfortably clothes and paying attention to the steps of the stairs, as it is a palace protected by the Cultural Heritage
- Monday to Saturday at 9.30am, 11.30am
Experience the quiet hours of Venice, the best time to experience the true Venetian culture, when li...
Your Venice ghost walking tour features a delightful sightseeing route through the Hidden Venice, th...
Escape the crowds of Venice with a day-tour excursion to explore the captivating region of Veneto. S...
The glass masters of The Glass Cathedral - Santa Chiara presents a spectacular show dedicated to bot...
The Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale) represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political powe...
Murano’s glass blowers are some of the most important citizens of Venice, and throughout the ages, t...