A carnival treasure hunt in Venice to uncover the city’s hidden treasures by playing.
A fantastic route, discovering Venice’s secrets and its famous Carnival. You’ll be given a map to start you on the treasure hunt, but that’s not all - after downloading the App on your phone, this will become your compass and your personal automatic storyteller, recounting the secrets of the city and of this festive period.
The treasure hunt will take you across the whole city, leading you into unexplored corners, and of course passing through the heart of Venice and the Carnival: St. Mark’s Square.
During the hunt, you’ll have to take a picture of at least 3 points highlighted on the map. At the end, the treasure will be yours: two Venetian masks, one beautifully decorated in traditional style and the other one white, just waiting to be painted. Personalize your white mask with a professional mask maker!
Before you rush home to decorate the second one, put your finished mask on and take your carnival super selfie!
- Start at Bottega Testolini (Bacino Orseolo), adjacent to St. Mark’s Square
- Wander through impressive squares such as Campo Manin, Campo Santo Stefano and Campo Sant’Anzolo. These are not squares per se, as the word 'campo' actually means 'field'
- Discover hidden treasures like the Scala Contarini del Bovolo
- Then, you will head for the ancient Calle degli Assassini
- Cross the ponte delle Ostreghe, a bridge which is a testament to Venice’s ancestral fishing tradition
- Don't miss the churches. Most have incredible anecdotes and even great scandals associated with them. The church of San Maurizio, not so scandalous, hosts a great collection of musical instruments. Venice is after all the city of music
Summary of Treasure
At the start you’ll receive the map to look for your treasure and you’ll download the App on your phone: this will be the compass guiding you and the voice tell you stories along the way. On the map, you will see 4 hidden places to take a picture of. You will have to show a picture for at least 3 of the places to the mask-maker and then you will win two Venetian carnival masks!