Siena walking tour with optional Cathedral visit
- Discover Siena's gripping history from a professional local guide
- Explore vibrant piazzas, stunning churches, and fascinating palaces
- Complete your experience with a guided tour of the wonderful Cathedral
Join an exciting walking tour of the medieval center of Siena and discover why it is considered one of the most beautiful and vibrant cities in Tuscany. See the very best of the ancient UNESCO monuments with the help of an experienced tour guide, who will illuminate the hidden gems, legends, and gripping history of the city. The experience ends with a tasting of typical Sienese cakes.
Stroll through the distinctive alleyways and explore Siena's vibrant piazzas, stunning churches and fascinating palaces. Behold the exquisite architecture of the Middle Ages in Siena's main piazza, Piazza del Campo, and the impressive Town Hall, the seat of local government since the end of the 13th century. Discover the fascinating tradition of the Palio horse race, revealed by your Senese guide.
Continue onto the impressive private palaces located along the main street, and learn about the history of the powerful Salimbeni and Tolomei families, visit the Basilica of San Domenico with the relics of Saint Catherine, see the Sanctuary where Saint Catherine used to live with her family and the Baptistery.
If you have extra time, enjoy a 30-minute tour of the Cathedral, with the guide showing you the beautiful works of art kept there, including some of Michelangelo’s statues and the spectacular Piccolomini Library.
- Guided walking tour of the city center in a small group (1h30)
- Professional local guide
- Cathedral ticket and 30-minute guided visit (if selected)
- Tasting of Sienese cakes
- Child (7-17)
- Infant (0-6): free
Piazza del Campo 72, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
Sinfo Point & Tours
- A minimum of 4 participants apply. Cancellation after confirmation is possible if the minimum number isn't reached. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date/tour or full refund
- Please note: the visit to the Cathedral is not available on Sunday
- The tour is available for a maximum of 15 people
- Please note that the order of the visits may change
- Wear comfortable shoes and be ready for any weather conditions
- November to March: on Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- April to October: every day
- Tours in English and Spanish: every day at 10.30am
- Tour in Italian: on Saturday and Sunday at 2.00pm
- The visit to the Cathedral is not available on Sunday
The beautiful city of Siena in Tuscany is home to the great Cathedral of Siena, an impressive Roman-...
Brunello, presently considered the best wine in the world, has its ancestral roots in the passion of...
Experience the breathtaking beauty of the Tuscan countryside by vintage Fiat 500 on an 8-hour scenic...
Discover a resort and spa in Tuscany, where Italian hospitality is combined with an unforgettable we...
Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon, learn the secrets of the Sienese ...
Follow your guide through the historic center of Siena, starting from the famous Basilica of San Dom...