San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- See the recently expanded and re-opened SFMOMA, with 7 floors of galleries, 3 dining options, 2 museum stores and more
- Visit rotating exhibitions featuring paintings, sculptures, photography, architecture and designs
- Download the free SFMOMA Audio app (iOS devices) to enjoy an audio tour with commentary
- Explore the special exhibition Andy Warhol - From A to B and Back Again reconsiders the work of one of the most influential and important American artists
Come visit the museum that the NY Times described as “changing the face of museums going forward.” After a three-year closure, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) is once again open with a breathtaking new expansion.
Seamlessly integrating the original Mario Botta-designed museum with a new 10-story building designed by international architects Snøhetta, the museum begins by showcasing five works of contemporary art in a free-to-visit first floor.
You’ll see rotating exhibitions on view featuring the Fisher Collection of postwar and contemporary art, artwork received through the Campaign for Art and work from the museum’s exceptional collections of painting, sculpture, photography, architecture + design and media arts. This May, the special exhibition Andy Warhol - From A to B and Back Again will be the first Warhol retrospective organized in the U.S. since 1989, and reconsiders the work of one of the most influential and important American artists
Enjoy Sightglass coffee bar, Cafe 5, or In Situ for everything from artisanal coffee to California-fusion fare during your visit to the museum.
Bring headphones and make the most of your visit with SFMOMA’s free Audio app, immersive iOS app, including hundreds of 60-90 second audio reflections and responses to artworks in the galleries by composers, comedians, artists, and playwrights, among others. Audio guides are also available to rent at SFMOMA for a nominal fee.
- 1-day General Admission
- Public daily spotlight and/or exhibition tours
- Special exhibitions (can be purchased at the ticket desk for a nominal fee)
- Visitors 18 and under are free of charge
- Seniors (65+)
- Young Adults (19-24)
151 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
You can enter the museum off Third St. or Howard St. Go to any ticketing desk on the 2nd floor. Coming by car? SFMOMA’s garage on Minna Street is a few steps from the museum’s main entrance on Third Street. It's convenient, and parking onsite directly supports the museum and its programs. Parking can be validated at the second floor Information Desk for all museum attendees.
- All visitors need a ticket, even those 18 and under
- Visitors 18 and under are free
- Your voucher (printed or mobile) must be redeemed on the 2nd floor at any of the ticketing desks, in exchange for a museum ticket; ID may be required upon request
- Bring headphones and download the free SFMOMA app (iOS)
- Coat and bag check is available on-site
- Multi-lingual maps available at museum
- Friday–Tuesday 10.00am-5.00pm
- Thursday 10.00am-9.00pm
- Closed on Wednesdays, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
Does the phrase “team building” inspire eye rolling and general skepticism from your workplace colle...
On this relaxed, two-hour cruise, you’ll enjoy spectacular sunset views, live guitar music and light...
This is the best way to get the most out of wine tasting and enjoy the splendor of the Sonoma Wine C...
Get a combo ticket to have an exciting 3D movie adventure as well as a 7D roller coaster gaming expe...
On this half-day Sonoma Valley wine tour you'll travel onboard luxury transport in a small friendly ...
Explore Yosemite, America's favorite national park on a three-day camping trip that will take you of...