Tour of Orvieto and the Tuscan country with wine tasting from Rome
- Enjoy a guided tour of Orvieto's highlights and plenty of free time to visit the local artisan shops
- Explore the medieval town of Montepulciano by foot with its well-preserved churches and fortifications
- Take part in an unforgettable wine tasting experience in one of the most important wine cellars of the world
After being picked up from your hotel you'll leave the center of Rome and drive north with your private English-speaking driver, through the beautiful landscape of Lazio and Umbria. After about an hour’s drive, you'll stop at the picturesque town of Orvieto. Here, your guide will walk you through the highlights of this tiny Italian gem. They'll tell you all you need to know about the historic, religious and artistic significance of the beautiful frescoes inside the cathedral of Orvieto.
Orvieto sits dramatically on a volcanic plateau, high above the Umbrian countryside which surrounds the whole town. Its rich history began with the Etruscans and today it's famous thanks to its high-quality truffles, the incredible Gothic cathedral with a frescoed Last Judgement, a labyrinth of ancient underground tunnels and a fine art gallery.
When your experience in Orvieto is over, you'll drive for another hour through the old medieval town of Chianciano in Tuscany and onward to the historical center of Montepulciano. You'll be given some time to explore the cobblestoned streets on your own and to admire the noble residences, medieval churches and fortifications. You can visit the courtyard and Palazzo Ricci, the work of the architect Baldassare Peruzzi.
The wine tasting experience is held inside an ancient cellar, one of the most beautiful in the world. You'll taste four different world-renowned wines including the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano while also sampling the region’s artisan salamis and cheeses. You'll have the opportunity to buy wines and olive oils directly from the producer and ship them anywhere in the world, skipping all intermediaries.
The drive back to Rome is about two and a half hours where you will be dropped off at your hotel after this unforgettable day trip in Umbria and Tuscany.
- Professional English-speaking driver
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private tour
- English-speaking tour assistant
- Wine tasting experience with 4 different wines
- Local snacks with wine tasting
- Extra food and drinks ordered outside the organized wine tasting
- Children (6-14): reduced
- Infants (0-5): free
Hotel pick-up is included; please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator.
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Your driver will meet you at the agreed-upon location and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking
- Please remember to inform us if one of the passengers is in a wheelchair
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time
Every day at 9:30 am.
Tuscany has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, and scenery that it can be overwhelming. T...
Watch the sunset across the romantic squares of Rome on a 3-hour guided tour of the city’s historic ...
Take part in an amazing 3-hour guided tour inside Villa Farnesina, where the architectural design an...
You'll begin your day by being picked up at your accommodation and enjoying a panoramic 2-hour drive...
Take a walk on the creepy side thanks to this fascinating tour of Rome’s spookiest locations. Togeth...
Venerdì 24 Gennaio 2020 - Circolo degli Illuminati Special Guest AVA [Capoplaza official dj] TICKET ...