Tour of Orvieto and Assisi from Rome
- Join a full-day tour of Assisi and Orvieto departing from your hotel in Rome
- Discover the beautiful Orvieto Cathedral and the picturesque alleys of the town on a walking tour
- Visit the mystic town of Assisi and explore the Basilica di San Francesco and the Convent of Santa Chiara
- Roundtrip transportation to your hotel included to make travel easier
- You'll become so familiar with the city that it'll start to feel like home
- Smaller group size gives you a personalized experience in good company
- See beyond the art with an experienced art historian as your guide
Depart from your hotel in Rome and spend a full day discovering the Umbria, one of the most picturesque regions in Italy, rich in vineyards, olive trees and the famous hilltop villages. Your first stop will be Assisi, a Unesco World Heritage Site and the mystic hometown of Saint Francis. The town is surrounded by ancient walls and was built on the green slopes of Mount Subasio; its colorful houses of stone, narrow streets, flowering balconies and noble palaces give the town its unique look and atmosphere. You'll have the chance to visit the St. Francis Basilica, an early Renaissance masterpiece by Giotto and Cimabue, and the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli.
After lunch, your experience will continue in Orvieto, where you'll admire the Cathedral, a masterpiece of Gothic architecture with a glistening façade of stained glass, mosaics and sculptures. Soak up Orvieto’s charm and admire the countless churches scattered around its center. Once your day is over you'll be taken right back to your accomodation in Rome.
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Official tour guide in Assisi
- Tour leader for the whole trip
- Pick-up and drop-off from and to your hotel (inside the city center)
- Guided tour
- Guided walking tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Children (4-8): reduced
- Infants (0-3): reduced
You'll be picked up from your hotel in central Rome.
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Please note: pick up is only available from hotels located inside the center of Rome
- On Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
- Pick-up at 8.00am
Have you always wanted to visit the Vatican but you absolutely hate wasting time in long lines? Here...
Tuscany has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, and scenery that it can be overwhelming. T...
Immerse yourself in pure beauty, skip the line and get straight into the Borghese Gallery.Housed in ...
If you'd rather visit the Vatican Museums on your own without a guided tour, but still want to skip ...
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter'...
If you only have a few days to take in Italy’s many highlights, this full-day tour from Rome is the ...