Piazza Navona underground - Stadium of Domitian entrance tickets and audioguide
- Explore Piazza Navona underground, opened to the public for the first time in 2014
- Take a glimpse of underground Rome as it was 2000 years ago
- Admire the ancient ruins of the first masonry stadium built in Rome
- Discover the story of the Stadium, Piazza Navona, and sports in Ancient Rome
The remains of the Stadium of Domitian (UNESCO World Heritage) are located beneath Piazza Navona, about 5 meters below ground. This archaeological area is what remains of the first and only masonry stadium known of in Roman history.The Stadium of Domitian was commissioned by Emperor Titus around 80 AD (the same year the Coliseum was completed). Today, this Stadium, once home to Roman entertainment, lies underneath a modern city. It is certainly worth a visit to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
You'll visit the site at your own pace and enter anytime during the opening hours of the site, without missing the stories behind the Stadium. The audio guide included in the ticket (for children too), the illustrated panels, the unpublished photos and videos (also in 3D) tell the stories of the Stadium, Piazza Navona, sports in ancient Rome, and some of the city's major monuments.
- Entrance ticket to the Domitian Stadium
- Audioguide tour available in Italian, English, French, Spanish, German, Russian and for kids Italian and English
- Children aged 12-17
- Adults over 65
- Card Roma Pass
- Big Bus Customers
- Groups with over 15 visitors
- On-site conventions
- Disabled visitors with no chaperon
- Children from 8 to 11 years of age
Free of charge for:
- Children up to 7 years of age
- Disabled people with their helpers (the archaeological area is equipped with a stairlift)
- Tour guides of the European Union exercising their professional activity (including examination for the purpose of studies and professional development), upon presentation of a valid license issued by the competent authority
Via di Tor Sanguigna, 3, 00186, Rome
Please show your voucher at the entrance of the Stadium, located at Via di Tor Sanguigna 3, to access the Stadium of Domitian.
- The price includes a 1 euro booking fee
- The Domitian Stadium is open from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
The best way to visit Rome and its sights is to join this 3.5-hour group guided walking tour. Visit ...
Admire the sunset over the rooftops of Rome and enjoy the romantic atmosphere of Rome on this 3-hour...
Be welcomed by your licensed guide at the Bath of Caracalla, where your small group tour will start....
Take part in an amazing 3-hour guided tour inside Villa Farnesina, where the architectural design an...
If you are based in Rome for your holiday but don’t want to miss out on the true taste of Venice, th...
If you only have a few days to take in Italy’s many highlights, this full-day tour from Rome is the ...