Embark on a fascinating voyage back in time on this Ostia Antica tour, and explore the magnificently preserved remains of the Roman Empire’s most important port. Just half an hour from the Eternal City by train, the vast ruins of Ostia Antica rival Pompeii for their size and incredible state of preservation. Wandering through buildings still rich with traces of everyday life and decorated with wonderful mosaics, frescoes and statues, discover what it was really like to live in an ancient Roman town over two millennia ago. Learn why the harbour city of Ostia was a vital cog in the massive machinery of the Roman empire while enjoying a walk in the Roman countryside, surrounded by umbrella pines and swaying cypress trees. During the tour, you will get the chance to admire houses, temples and baths including the House of Diana, the Theater of Ostia, the Forum, the Temple of Venus and the Baths of Neptune.
Guided tour of Ostia Antica archeological park
Availability: Every day except Monday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: from 4 hours to 5 hours
Safety measures applied
SKIP THE LINE
Do this because
- Take part in a walking tour of the awe-inspiring archaeological park of Ostia Antica
- Learn more about the city's importance at the time of the Roman Empire
- Discover a well-preserved archeological site immersed in the Roman countryside
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Skip-the-line ticket to Ostia Antica archeological park
What's not included
- Train ticket from Rome to Ostia and back (€1.50 per one-way ticket per person)
- Food and drinks
- Infant (0-4 years old): free
Piazzale Ostiense, Rome, RM, Italy
Outside the Piramide metro station
What to remember
- Comfortable walking shoes and a bottle of water are strongly recommended
Every day except Monday at 9.00am
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.